airbrush

• Thread starter Tyler Christiansen
  • Start date
T

Tyler Christiansen

hello once again fellow modelers. i have never used an airbrush and am thinking about buying a compressor but there are some questions i need to get answered first:

1) does the amount of psi matter?

2) should i spend 200$ are one or should i go with one of those 80-100$ ones?

3) should i buy an air compressor from a modeling company or one from a hardware store?

if you know the answer to any of these please reply A.S.A.P.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi tyler ,The matter of pressure is important, you need to be able to alter the pressure for spraying different paints or for different effects so a regulator (either buit into the comp or added inline) is a must. The type of compressor you buy is a matter of what you can afford but its preferable to get one with a reciever( air tank) so youve got a good back up supply rather than a tankless one which can sometimes cause a pulsing effect ,affecting the spray pattern.(Note , there are some tankless units that only switch on when needed and do give a pulse free supply of air ,Iwata make one for example , but they can be expensive) The question of where to go for the compressor is not really a problem, most of the hardware store comps are just as suitable as the hobby store ones , the only difference is that the hardware store comps might be a lot noisier so bear that in mind if your modelling room is near or in the house!!! Hope this goes a little way to answering a few of your questions , cheers tony

N

noble

Hi Tyler my suggestion is log onto everythingairbrush online if you have any question they will be able to help you.

scott