Aircraft -BBC pictures -must see

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice article, he is a very talented photographer. I liked the Typhoon night lapse, the shadows of the BBMF formation, and I'd say that SGT Fife is not a gentleman to be on the wrong side of if you are a serviceman.

B

Bunkerbarge

They are great shots but you have to admit he does have the very big advantage of some superb subjects and opportunities that no-one else can have.

H

Harry Labanville

I should think that his camera is no box brownie either.

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

Agreed. In fact I don't think you could take a bad shot of some of those subjects so I have to admit to not being very impressed! Maybe I'm missing something.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have seen a good few of his works and I love them. I must admit Richard, I find your last comment a bit baffling.

I am sure that it would be very easy to take a bad picture of any of those subjects, even given that one used an expensive camera.

Ian M

T

tecdes

They are great shots very spectacular.

Not to forget that this chap has incredible gear & probably shoots as if he is in charge of a video camera. He then has an incredible number of shots to choose from. Add to that his experience in doing this work day in day out.

That is not to discredit the shots in any way, as I think they are great, just shows how difficult it is for us to emulate anything near what he can get. Does give a great insight into framing. What photographer would take the picture of the Army chap with him virtually hanging on to the left of the picture with the out of field characters to the right side. A really brilliant picture which I would chose as my favourite.

Thanks Harry.

Laurie

H

Harry Labanville

My favourite is the Typhoons in a diamond 9 .

However judging by the direction they are taking and the direction of the photographer ,would that be a near miss.

A

Andy Mac

Superb photos, he's certainly got an eye for a good shot.

The worst thing you can say to any photographer, amateur or pro, "your camera takes nice photos". ;)