Airfix 1/24 scale Stuka ?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Anyone built this kit ?

Since I got the 1/24 Hurricane and seen how detailed it is I've looked at other 1/24 aircraft and I like the look of this but I can't find any reviews on it just photos so I was wondering if anyone had built it and what the kit was like

Thanks in advance for any info :smiling3:

P

Polux

I never built it, Alan.

Anyway I was nearly to bought this Kit time ago. The shop seller said me that was an old and poor detailed Kit. I don't know no more about it....but remember it was his opinion... O_o

Have a 1/24 Stuka at home...:rolleyes:

My opinion is go fo it mate!! :smiling3:

Last edited:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Alan, had a quick nosey and found this, hope it helps?

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=245

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks guys I now know my next purchase will be this the right up gave it a more glowing review than I was expecting from an old Airfix kit :smiling3:

Thanks again chaps :D

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I haven't read the review but I have built this kit, many moons ago. It will need at least some basic improvement (like some seat belts for example) but I found it the best of all those Airfix 1/24 kits by a good margin.

I think it can be made into a really impressive Stuka with a little effort, even if you don't want to spend a fortune tarting it up.

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Steve that's exactly what the review says so it's good to know someone backs it up and I have just ordered it :smiling3:

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

This stuka is actually really decent, but it can benefit from improvements from eduard that I highly recommend if you purchase this model.

John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Cheers Steve that's exactly what the review says so it's good to know someone backs it up and I have just ordered it :smiling3:
I just read the review, probably whilst you were typing your reply, and feel a bit like a parrot now :smiling3: I do agree with his assessment. I built all four of those kits years ago and remember them well!

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers John I'll build it OOB just got to see if I have a swastika to fit it :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I just read the review, probably whilst you were typing your reply, and feel a bit like a parrot now :smiling3: I do agree with his assessment. I built all four of those kits years ago and remember them well!Cheers

Steve
No Steve it's good to get second opinions on these things so thanks again :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I found this super detailed, cutaway, build based on the Airfix kit. It's way beyond my skill set but impressive nonetheless. Although this guy has added a lot of 'stuff' to the kit a surprising amount actually came out of the box.

http://cs.finescale.com/fsm/modeling_subjects/f/2/t/137678.aspx

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Steve I saw that one when I was looking for a review it is very good :smiling3:

Patrick are you confusing me with Ron ???:confused:

D

dubster72

Haha nooo! I bet you could do something similar.

Though if & when you get the Stuka, I'll be watching that with interest. I've always wanted to build that one

myself.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Haha nooo! I bet you could do something similar.Though if & when you get the Stuka, I'll be watching that with interest. I've always wanted to build that one

myself.
Patrick my scratch building skills are very limited I'm afraid but thanks for the confidence in me :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Not sure if you have seen these Alan.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2013/galleries/ju87b24cz_1.htm

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/airfix/kit_airfix_3506.shtml

Laurie

L

Laurie

And this one Alan.

This chap is well into Stukas.

Pity that the photography is not up to it. Model cannot be to bad if this chap made more than one.

Laurie

P

Polux

Errr...ejeem...:oops:

I don't know where start to explain :eek:

The other day I posted here, that after a chat with my model shop seller many time ago, he explain me "this" Kit was old and not very good...

Well...today I been have the opportunity to see this model. I remember was and old and "grey" box, but the today's one is like the new's one (in red)...so I'm thinking about it, and maybe this one has a new tooling. I don't know...and seriously, I don't want to read any review, don't like to do it :P

The Kit looks good...maybe if it has a simple belts for the pilots should be ok..but there aren't!! :sad:

And now comes the interesting part of the story...:oops:

Some days ago I told to my Father and Mother maybe I will build planes again. They are glad with the idea, because they remember the image, when I was seventeen and all the roof of my room was full of planes :smiling3: , in fact I only built planes, and look now... I started two and never finished them :oops:

They know I always love the Stuka, and they know as well I like the big model...so imagine O_o

I have a present today.... the Airfix Stuka 1/24!!! :eek:

Ironical...isn't it??? :P

So Alan, if we start together, maybe we can help between us :D

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Polux, it isn't a new tooling. It is essentially the same model, but it never was that bad.

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Errr...ejeem...:oops:I don't know where start to explain :eek:

The other day I posted here, that after a chat with my model shop seller many time ago, he explain me "this" Kit was old and not very good...

Well...today I been have the opportunity to see this model. I remember was and old and "grey" box, but the today's one is like the new's one (in red)...so I'm thinking about it, and maybe this one has a new tooling. I don't know...and seriously, I don't want to read any review, don't like to do it :P

The Kit looks good...maybe if it has a simple belts for the pilots should be ok..but there aren't!! :sad:

And now comes the interesting part of the story...:oops:

Some days ago I told to my Father and Mother maybe I will build planes again. They are glad with the idea, because they remember the image, when I was seventeen and all the roof of my room was full of planes :smiling3: , in fact I only built planes, and look now... I started two and never finished them :oops:

They know I always love the Stuka, and they know as well I like the big model...so imagine o_O

I have a present today.... the Airfix Stuka 1/24!!! :eek:

Ironical...isn't it??? :P

So Alan, if we start together, maybe we can help between us :D
Mate as soon as mine arrives you've got a deal :smiling3: it would be a good thing for two people to do the same kit at the same time as it would be great to see how we both go about making it

It would be the slowest marathon in history to see who finished first :D