Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer S2-B

P

Pogo

Its me again.

Has anyone made the Bucc? I bought one from wonderland models at Waddington airshow for 1/2 price. It is moulded in 2 colours a light blue grey and the standard grey.I want to make it into a Desert Storm sand camo .I already have a set of decals for it My fav Sea Witch Debbie. I wanted to know if there are any points i should look out for either good or bad

Thanks Pogo

D

duncan

Write to Andy at Soonie Hobbies. He supplied the paint for the nose art on the real ones ! : eDiting spelling nishtake: that should be SCOONIE.

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

Duncan,

I think you mean Scoonie Hobbies. They are a really helpfull, patient, knowledgeable and supportive vendor whom I would whole heartedly recommend to anyone.

My dealings with them in the past for RC gear have been very enjoyable experiences.

D

duncan

Your right of course. Andy and the other Scoonie Loonies will never forgive me, sorry guys and gals.

N

Nigel.D

I have built this and i have another spare kit It went together really well but the cockpit is awfully underrepresented and requires a fair bit of work also the intakes are too thick!!

P

Pogo

Airfix Buccaneer

Thanks nigel for the info.Had a look in the box and remembered i started it .I made the seats up and painted the cockpit ready for them .I also glued in the bombbay doors and the intakes. I agree theres not much in the way of detail except for decals in the cockpit. I had the windscreen missing when i got the kit so i sent off for a replacement and some more decals as mine were missregistered. They sent me the last 2 sheets they had so ive two , well 3 really spare sheets .

Col

N

Nigel.D

Just start from scratch mate the outline is really good and it will produce a really good plane you need to add the ordanance and the designator to make it accurate and of course sort the cockpit out I think it sits a little too high when displayed but i may be wrong ! In truth though you wont find a better kit in 1/48 for a buc

P

Pogo

Thanks nigel.

Have started it and got round to finishing cockpit, assembling the stores , Attaching intakes, putting weight in nose and im just readt to paint the intake pipes and exhaust nozzles. The fun will come when i glue the fuselage halves together.

Pogo

P

Pogo

Yeah the wife can't get them straight...........Oh those seams . Well ive only taped the two halves together to see what the gaps are like and with a bit of gentle pushing etc i think i can get everything lined up. I hope.

P

Pogo

Nigel you were right about the seams . It took me about 1/2 hour to glue the fuselage halves together . Yes there are a couple of gaps but its going to take a while to sort the seams out.

R

rjwood_uk

nigel is always right.

..maybe not in everyone elses mind, but in his mind...he is lways right!!!

you should hear his poems, they are brilliant. they roll off his tounge like a a ball down a hill.

sorry mate....couldnt resist :P