Airfix 1/72 FW 190 A-8

M

MPal

Just completed my third build of the year.

Its 'Brown 6' of 7.JG26, Melsbroek, Belgium 1944

I used the paints that came in the starter set, so colours probably arent that accurate, and I used some artistic license and did some side mottling.

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Very nice, is that all brushed painted? Looks really good if it is. Clean build I would very happy with that on my shelf.

Si:smiling3:

M

MPal

Thanks Si. Yeah its all brush painted, save for the exhaust stains which were black/brown eye shadow.

Its only my second year modelling, but I think the camera doesnt do it justice. Cant seem to take good photos indoors with it.

First Name
Mike
Looks good to me, nice job with the eye shadow. How was the kit?

M

MPal

\ said:
Looks good to me, nice job with the eye shadow. How was the kit?
I had heard good things about it, but in honesty was quite disappointed. The wing assembly/bottom fuselage section was too long and needed 2mm shaved off just to get it to fit in the fuselage halves. Also filler needed around the wing roots and engine cowling as there was a lot of unsatisfactory seams.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job Al, the colours look fine to me , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great stuff, it has come out very well indeed. Nice brush work too, mottling is never easy with a hairy stick. Surprised to hear about the seams and ill-fitting parts, but you have done a great job on it.

S

Skipper

Superb. I love this plane. Very nice

Odoslané z Galaxy Note 2

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job like the paint work, as said always hard to do mottling trued out well

funny you should say about the black/brown eye shadow.or ever the reds as well

thats what i use get them for the $2.00 shop for about that, mix with a bit off

clear mat, and much cheaper than what you buy in a hobby shop

M

MPal

Thank you everyone for your comments, it has grown on me since I completed it, and like it in flight.

@monica - I had been looking at the Tamiya weathering powders, and my fiancée commented that the applicator looked like an eye shadow brush. That got me thinking, and a trip to the supermarket later, a set of 'smokey eyes' eyeshadow was in my possession for about a fifth of the price. Seems to do the job Ok.