First Name
Alan

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ill fitting or not thats turned out beautifully Alan ! Theres no trace of any kind of trouble , it looks fantastic , the early FAA colours really suit the shape. great build , cheers tony

M

mobear

you beat it into a nice model,well played and thnx for the info

A

american

I call this a well done airplane model. My advice: let everyone to enjoy you work like is now, and the smash all the heads with a propper base. And , maibe a ground crew. I like to see life arround our STATTIC models. Well, well done.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I call this a well done airplane model. My advice: let everyone to enjoy you work like is now, and the smash all the heads with a propper base. And , maibe a ground crew. I like to see life arround our STATTIC models. Well, well done.
I would love to make a dio of this but this is part of a project, I'm building a collection of British cold war jets :smiling3: next up is the new kitty hawk 1/48 septcat jaguar :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
How can I see all of them?
Well that's the first one I've built so far lol, at the moment I have the EE Lightning, the jaguar I've just mentioned, a De Havilland vampire and a Bae nimrod

But I have made some dios so if you want to have a look at them and many of the other members builds just look in the completed diorama section, there are some fantastic builders on here

First Name
Mike
That brings back memories, I think it's one of the first kits I remember my Dad building, he even finished it in similar FAA colors. Looks great Alan, very clean paintwork.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Mike I appreciate. It, I built this kit as a kid but I don't remember it being as bad as this one was lol

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow Alan, you conquered this one well, nicely finished. It does look very smart in that scheme.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Joe it was an experience but I need more to get better :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It certainly doesn't look like you had problems. That's turned out very nice.

Gern

First Name
Dave
Nice build Alan.Ive never built this kit.I did the Frog one in my youth which was probably a similar 'quality' kit.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Dave I'm glad you like it, there are a few problems I couldn't solve but thankfully the're small and only noticeable up close

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys glad you like it, in places the plastic is so thin from rubbing down you can poke a hole in it

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice one Alan. She looks great. I built a Gulf war version of this one, a 'classic' Airfix kit indeed, nothing like their latest offerings.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
Great work, mate! I think it's time for a new tool kit - airfix perhaps?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers mate , I would love airfix to do one , she's a beaut of an aircraft :smiling3: