Airfix captin scott's discovery

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
finished rrs discovery

here it is the finished ship i didn't put sails on as the rigging stands out more.and so to my next build a rms you know the rest, scratch built out of wood as my plastic ones turned out ok so i am going the whole hog on tis one it will be about 4ft long

View attachment 53398

View attachment 53399

100_0239.jpg

100_0238.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats a nice looking ship Peter. Great work so far mate.

Tony.

C

CDW

Though my eyes were playing tricks when i looked the the first two images ...

my mind said "Peter says there's riggin" ... my eyes said "there ain't non" :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Anyway thats turned out to be a nice looking ship mate, nice level rigging too, i've had a fight or two with riggin for the cutty sark and golden hind ... they didn't end up as level as yours :smiling3: :smiling3:

C

Caledonia

Very nice Peter, I like the graceful lines of the Steam Yachts, all ex-Whalers/Sealers of course.

Can i ask where you are getting the drawings for your scratch build Discovery from? Derek

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
i'am sorry to say that this was an old airfix model that i got at my local boot sale as iam not ready for the challenge of a scratch build quiet yet. cheers peter

C

Caledonia

\ said:
i'am sorry to say that this was an old airfix model that i got at my local boot sale as iam not ready for the challenge of a scratch build quiet yet. cheers peter
The only reason I ask is that I found a website whilst looking for drawings of the SY Scotia, which has plans of a similar vessel to the RRS Discovery which may be of use. See the entry under 'Auxiliary Barque Rigged Whaler Ref: 110/113', see entry 11 down.

The Model Dockyard Harold Underhill Sailing Ship Plans