Airfix Curtiss Tomahawk IIb 1/72 scale

S

Skipper

Perfect. Looks superb. I started P40 K from Africa last week. Great choice camo :smiling3:

Odoslané z Galaxy Note 2

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
My airfix 109 had the same problem. Massive plastic attachment points. Often thicker than the piece itself.
As you say Steve some of the attachment points were massive , so tiny pieces like the control column and pitot are extremely difficult to get off the sprue in one piece and without a huge stub to clean up . I broke the control column doing this and had to stick it back together with the tiniest of contact points . I'm not sure if it hasnt come unstuck- I can hear a rattling when I handle the model !!LOL! Hopefully this is something Airfix can work on , its only a small grumble compared to the massive respect they should be getting for really trying to get it right and turning out some excellent kits. cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Finally got this finished a few days ago ,but Ive been waiting till i'd finished my homemade lightbox to take the pics. So, in summary , this is a lovely little kit from Airfix - good detail inside and out and trouble free construction , but is it a kit I would recommend to a beginner? - no. Anyone who has a few builds under their belt will love it , with a bit of care it makes a great model . However for a new starter or a younger modeller , the previously mentioned huge sprue attachments , spurious colour call outs and very delicate canopies could trip up someone with little or no experience. Anyways , here are a few pics to round off this thread , I hope to put a few more on a 'completed' thread. Thanks to all for following , any comments criticisms as always welcome , cheers tony

View attachment 78389

View attachment 78390

View attachment 78391

View attachment 78392

View attachment 78400

DSCN0216 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN0217 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN0212 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN0213 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN0224 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

D

dubster72

Really nice Tony, a typical example of your excellent work. Some more close-ups please in the completed thread!

Cheers Patrick