Airfix OO/HO 0-4-0 Saddle Tank Locomotive - And friends.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks fellas. Great comments for sure. :thumb2:

There are separate threads for both the 2-10-0 9F and 2-6-0 Mogul locos - Somewhere on here! (Sorry, I don't know how to do links. :upside:)

Thanks again for posting.

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.
Pete, I remember you posting a B/W photo of Woodham's yard as a helpful reference when I was constructing the base for the locos.

Dave, there was no way I was going to make another bit of track for this diddy loco, when I had a ready made one. I admit I had to root in the loft to find it all again though.

Graeme and David. Thanks for your input too. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent stuff. Looks good Ron, especially next to his mates……nice little kit isn’t it, probably the best of the old Kitmaster rosebuds. Not bad for a kit that’s pretty much as old as I am. Still looks like a runner in your shots, unlike the much newer standards she’s next to. Photography great as always.
Interesting point…..the original Kitmaster box illustration from 1961 shows the little pug with the correct dumb buffers, yet the kit inside the box has always had the incorrect sprung ones. I always wondered why, because it would have been far easier to master the dumb blocks…..

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Tim.
Yes, inaccuracies( which are always way down my priorities list) or not, it is a nice kit. Thanks to you, I still have one left untouched!

Your observations do you credit. The 'Pug' is modelled as a runner. It was used as a work horse in Dai Woodham's Scrapyard at Barry Island, S. Wales, where the redundent steam locos were being gathered there prior to them being scrapped.

Last edited: