Airfix Spare Parts

P

porschenut

Hi,I was wondering what has happend to airfix spare parts, and if they are free, i've searched a bit, and i need the emailadress. thier website isnt very helpful. Its for a spare clear part on a subaru imprezza

Euan

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
At the moment Euan there is no direct source for Airfix spare parts,whether the new owners will honour or even be able to still supply parts from older kits is not yet clear ?

During the build up to the final closure and sale of the premises at Marfleet in Hull,a caravan was used as a postal address to gather mail regarding spares,whilst this was an unweildy and long procedure,at least the spares finmally turned up,there is no guarantees that the new company will have access to all tooling,or for that matter still be able to supply parts for past Airfix products,very doubtful.

We will just have to wait and see what happens ?

M

mike_manc

What that the warehouse that was feature in James May's program he did on Airfix? There was a massive warehouse full of kits that they used for spares to send out.

F

Fenlander

These posts were from back in 2007 Mike when the issues were a bit iffy to say the least.

From what I know from reading posts on all sorts of forums, Airfix will supply spares if they have them but sometimes it is within a week, sometimes months. Just hope that things settle down as they get into the position of employing people to deal with the spares on a full time basis. I don;t think we realise, especially with the new things coming from Airfix, just how close they were to disappearing forever. Now that would have been a sad day for UK modellers as Airfix, it is fair to say, are the reason we are here at all.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Go to Airfixes website., there is a link to an e-mail address. Fill in the form it links to and then wait. You will not hear from them again... Then one day your bits will turn up.

I got my Decals for the seafire about a month after I had brought a new one.

Ian M