Airfix WW1 type B bus

\ said:
Good job with the railings. Will you be sanding/filling those ejector marks or are they not seen when it's all assembled?
I'm just going to leave them as they really arnt noticeable in fact you can hardly see much of the inside at all the pic I put up of looking in is about the limit lol.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi martin (or is it Cavan?) the bus looks amazing so far, I know its a very old moulding so top marks for making it look superb. Love the handrails and the balsa additions , its work like that which sets apart the really great builds. Its a fascinating subject too , I was aware of these but didnt realise the extent they were used- they were converted into allsorts!! Its really opened my eyes to a perhaps forgotten part of ww1 history , brilliant stuff!! , keep on with the great work , its going to look fantastic , cheers tony

So noticed I made a mistake with the bench locations lucky for me I used super glue, so with "gentle" persuasion i managed to get them out and re-position them now just to correct the paint work where they were.image.jpeg

image.jpeg

\ said:
Hi martin (or is it Cavan?) the bus looks amazing so far, I know its a very old moulding so top marks for making it look superb. Love the handrails and the balsa additions , its work like that which sets apart the really great builds. Its a fascinating subject too , I was aware of these but didnt realise the extent they were used- they were converted into allsorts!! Its really opened my eyes to a perhaps forgotten part of ww1 history , brilliant stuff!! , keep on with the great work , its going to look fantastic , cheers tony
Hi to you and thanks lol you have Cavan on this one. For me I love the research part almost as much as painting them I have to say I knew nothing of this bus before I started.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good so far, ;)

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I can remember building this the first time it was released- in red plastic- and I've just got 2 to add to my WW! stash. Love the job you're doing on this - another link for you

Paul

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ltmuseum/albums/72157634796129667/page1

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Love it! WW1 vehicles are great subjects but kinda rare unfortunately...this is coming along very nicely;)............Jim:smiling3:

First Name
Robert
I've just acquired this kit from the forum ( member and I would like to convert to a WW1 military bus

Bit late but I'm watching

Regards

Robert