Aliens APC scratchbuild 1/24

A

adamkijak

Hi i would like to show you my at this moment 75% ready APC from Aliens movie. This model is a scratchbuild ( first one in my carrier) so that is why maybe doesn't look perfect . Please feel free to make any comments.

A

adamkijak

Ok nice to see that someone likes it. Here are some pictures of whole proces so far.

Start:

Somewhere in the middle:

Close to finish:

More will come

A

alan2525

Looks great to me - needs some wheel hubs to cover up those lego rims though!

I'm sure those are on the way though!

Great Work!

A

adamkijak

Good afternoon here is quick update:

1. Main body is ready only small adjustments are needed

2. wheels covers and suspension are next step.

URL=www.fotosik.pl]
bed5ff0904fe67af.jpg
[/url]

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Adam,

Keep the pics coming, would love to see this one when it is finished. Very impressive work for a scratch build model !!

Regards......Mark.

A

adamkijak

Hi as requested another pictures, all is ready for painting and first is pre-shading.

A

adamkijak

Quick update first painting has been done, olive drab and olive green from Tamyia paints, i was tired when i was painting so you can see mistakes i will fixed next time.

A

adamkijak

Hello the story is that i couldn't sleep all night so i got up and fixed my mistakes:

1. re-paint for olive drab only

2. wash with brown van-dycke

3. drybrush with humbrol metal cote

4. first time done dusting on wheels

R

rjwood_uk

wow that looks great!!!

was it green in the movie or grey? cant remember.

nice work so far, keep it comming!

A

adamkijak

Hello i'm glad you like it, about color i cannot tell you mate i'm not very good in recognizing them, but i got this thing for dark green colors of diferent kind i just like them. That one supposed to be brown but i done it in green.

A

adamkijak

Good afternoon, i think is ready, only some small changes needed, but it won't change anything so here are pictures:

Any comments welcome

G

Gaz

Nice one, you've got it is bang on to the film.

Are you going to put any markings/emblom's on it?

P.S. nice pot plant!

A

adamkijak

Hello, the only marking should be on the front (2D, sulaco) and (542/gmts) next to each other, i have made 2D but other one are to small for me to make it, so it will stay as it is. When i will finally receive new hose for my airbrush i will try to make some shading and a bit o more dusting, but nothing major.

P.S. thank i got more of them :smiling3:

G

Gaz

Yeah, I know that there are virtually none in the film, It's just a pet "grumble" I have with the film. As in the dropship has markings, the body armour and uniforms have markings....Why not the apc? There we go "grumble" over!

Still she's beaut of a model.

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Adam,

The best way to get round fiddly small markings is to print your own off on computer, this can be done quite easily once you have got your markings to the size you want.

Check out Crafty Computer Papers And Fabrics For Inkjet And Laser Printers for ideal material to print decals onto.

The paper from this site is cheap and superb too, I have used this stuff on many occasions for custom decals and they have all come out fine from a standard computer printer.

I will also agree, the model looks great too !!

Regards........Mark

A

adamkijak

Hi thanks for the link to that page with paper, it will be useful later. problem with any decals for that APC is that they are so small so even if i would print them off it's just impossible to cut them off, and if i use clear paper the printer it's not printing white color.Correct me if i'm wrong.

L

lehobbyshop

jbot decals is the place you want

hi adam!! check it out my friend james at

JBOT Decals - ALIENS - APC

ask him to make a print in 1/24 for you. all these are print with an ALSP printer.

i'm also working in my apc in 1/24. with witch reference you are working. in my case i got a copy of the mock-up drawing of the real one. and i'm working on machining the wheels. not so easy to duplicate the angle of the tire to the wheel. but i will do it.

i'm also working on my dropship in 1/24 scale. i start with the original drawing from halcyon.

so nice work for your first scratch and don't stop.

yours

sebastien