All the gear..no idea!!

gothicgeek

SMF Supporter
First Name
mark
One point worth mentioning as Jim R was saying.

Get what you want from model making!

I have several kits that I just made and under-coated, never going to paint them, I just needed to build something.
So maybe to get yourself into making stuff have fun putting the kits together, and move on to paint when you are ready??

D

Deleted member 5496

One point worth mentioning as Jim R was saying.

Get what you want from model making!

I have several kits that I just made and under-coated, never going to paint them, I just needed to build something.
So maybe to get yourself into making stuff have fun putting the kits together, and move on to paint when you are ready??
Yes have some feeling with that. I definetly like building putting it altogether. Plus filling sanding. Least, although not awful, painting.

But I have to paint as I have gone so far & must see it on the shelf. Satisfaction.

Just like that last piece of toast in the morning. Don't need it but just have the inclination that I have to finish it.

Laurie

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Have to agree. Sometimes you just need to build, sometimes you need to paint, and sometimes you need to do both. Whatever floats your boat. PaulE

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I went for a rechargeable one from Mr Bezos. Hate having to mess around with batteries. It makes the unit more compact, although it was a bit more expensive than those suggested above. Bonus is the tweezer set it comes with.

Linky doesn't work for me on the phone (might work on the PC though) I'll have a look, just ordered a set of tweezers (from a watch/jewelry place I use) as well as a pack of batteries for mine.
Edit found it - nice setup :thumb2:

First Name
Stu
..ta for the heads up...as an interim I ordered a pair of *3 readers as somebody else suggested. They arrived yesterday (Amazon £2.50 'ish)..and seem to work well !...only problem is my painting attempts now look even worse at 3 mag...!!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
..ta for the heads up...as an interim I ordered a pair of 3 readers as somebody else suggested. They arrived yesterday (Amazon £2.50 'ish)..and seem to work well !...only problem is my painting attempts now look even worse at 3 mag...!!
Yes, think that someone commented on one of the adverts for them with something like 'painting with a mop' - certainly shows up any mistakes!

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yes, think that someone commented on one of the adverts for them with something like 'painting with a mop' - certainly shows up any mistakes!
You're not kidding. Same as taking photos with a pro camera, they pick up every imperfection. I put it down to "battle damage".