....and for my nex trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
....and for my next trick

FUJIMI 1 24 LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 5000 QUATROVALVOLE (1987)

View attachment 63895

I was going to build the Tamiya Ferrarri F40 Competizione that I have waiting for me but that'll wait........

I picked this one up on evilbay a while back for £8.00 .......... It's been started but all that's been done are a few bits painted black on the sprues. I've never been near a "Fujimi" kit so I have no idea what to expect from fit or quality of the mouldings....... From a quick look at the sprues and a scan through the "destructions" it does look quite detailed........and there does seem to be a lot of parts. Body colour is pretty much whatever takes you as it's moulded in white. So I think I'll go for a Gunmetal Gloss and either red or tan upholstery.

I'll probably start a little tonight if I get time and I'll post up a few photos as things progress.

Peter

View attachment 65157

$T2eC16VHJGIFFoZsSFE0BRhqtwghP!~~60_12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Looks like a nice model from the artwork looking forward to this as I have a few cars that need building but I'm holding back cause I'm not sure I'm good enough to paint that high gloss paintwork that they require I need to do more research into how it's done so I will be watching hoping I can pick up a few tips n tricks along the way good luck with yours

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Looks like a nice model from the artwork looking forward to this as I have a few cars that need building but I'm holding back cause I'm not sure I'm good enough to paint that high gloss paintwork that they require I need to do more research into how it's done so I will be watching hoping I can pick up a few tips n tricks along the way good luck with yours
Hi John,

With a bit of patience and taking your time getting a high gloss isn't difficult. As long as you bear in mind that the quality of the surface you are painting is what will show on the finish. So any flaws, lumps and bumps will wreck it ........... Then painting, acrylic sprays. thin coats. start with a thin coat of primer so you can see the blemishes properly, and keep the can the same distance and spray in staright lines. Grab a couple of tins from Halfrauds (they usually have some in the clearance cheapy section) doesn't matter what colour but if you.............and practice on some irregular shapes. Old margarine tubs or ice cream tubs are good........... The other thing to bear in mind. Race cars with lots of decals will hide a lot of the failings of any paint job.

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Well I made a start. Although not the start I was expecting. When I went through the kit I found a small ziplock bag with some engine parts that had been assembled..........and assembled quite badly. However, and I have no idea why but whoever had done it had:

A. Not trimmed or cleaned any of the parts up

B. Not given any thought to how different parts could be painted in different colours

and.........

C. Had not used Poly Cement. I have no idea quite what had been used but it was brown and quite brittle????

Anyway. Luckily everything came apart relatively easily but cleaning off whatever the adhesive was took a while. But finally I think I'm back where it should have started. I've cleaned everything up and "dry fit" tested all the components that had been put together. So tomorrow I can start afresh and paint some of them.

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I have opened a build thread on this car.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.