Andy`s Dragon 1/35 Huey UH-1D (Pete's Helicopter GB).

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Andy, a nice chopper and a display of modelling skills.
I've a soft spot for the UH 1, aka AB 205 in Italy, as I spent some interesting hours on them in my youth (the echo of those hours became interesting only recently, when the souvenir of my airsickness has almost faded away from my memory... :face-with-thermometer:), so I'm booking a seat for the diorama build (any discount for booking in advance? :money-face:).

Andrea

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
EVERYONE ...........
Thanks SO much for your Fantastic responses:thumb2:
They really are quite overwhelming, ......... not to mention a boost to the old ego!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy: ....... seriously though,i really do appreciate you all taking the time to both,look at,and comment on the build:cool:,
Gentlemen..... I thank you!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, a nice chopper and a display of modelling skills.
I've a soft spot for the UH 1, aka AB 205 in Italy, as I spent some interesting hours on them in my youth (the echo of those hours became interesting only recently, when the souvenir of my airsickness has almost faded away from my memory... :face-with-thermometer:), so I'm booking a seat for the diorama build (any discount for booking in advance? :money-face:).

Andrea
Andy,
Thanks mate,very kind of you:thumb2:,
Booking a seat for the Dio already eh?...... Well,i`m sure we can come to some sort of arrangement,after all...... if you`re THAT much of a masochist,you certainly deserve a reward!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice job Andy :smiling3:

Whatever short comings the kit may have had you have turned out a super looking model :thumb2:

Geoff.
Cheers Geoff :smiling3:
Thanks for your comments,most of the shortcomings were minor really, but quite frustrating at times....
Don't get me wrong though, it's a very nice kit overall ;)
Andy

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Lovely job Andy and I actually like the semi-gloss finish.
What to do about the cabin door windows though.That's one of the problems with the Dragon kit-far too thick.The cockpit windows look fantastic.
Jon.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Lovely job Andy and I actually like the semi-gloss finish.
What to do about the cabin door windows though.That's one of the problems with the Dragon kit-far too thick.The cockpit windows look fantastic.
Jon.
Thanks very much Jon,
I kinda like the finish too,it`s certainly grown on me:thumb2:,
The Windows.... yes,they aren`t good at all,stand out like a sore thumb don`t they?!:unamused:
Andy