Andy`s Priest.....

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,it`s gone a little past my intended finish date,but at least it is now done!:nerd:
As you all know,my photography is always very lacking... mainly as i do it on my phone,and this Laptop is...well.... PANTS to be honest!!:tired:
My figure painting is also rather poor,but i do like to add at least one figure to a build, and with the help of Andy T,and Lee,i managed to cobble together a chap for this,(Thanks,Guys :thumb2:),
..... Anyway,enough yap,ere are some pics.....
IMG_20230427_145109.jpg
IMG_20230427_145413.jpg
IMG_20230427_145150.jpg
IMG_20230427_145131.jpg
IMG_20230427_145141.jpg
IMG_20230427_145519.jpg
... Just for fun,i`m going to do a few B/W pics too.... mind you,those bloody annoying images underneath are making me not want to!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Really a great build, it has all the right items to make it interesting Andy , well done.

download THE DOGS.jpg

Congratulations.
Awarded by the committee as they went in for tea, one shouted out PASTIE lover !

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.... ok then,not being pretentious at all guys!!....... Moi?!!...;)....
but a couple of B/W pics.......
Unfortunately,it`s already framed.... but i thought it worth a go....
IMG_20230427_145455 (2).jpg
Again... i spent a while trying to upload/post edited pics in B/W .... but after AGES i lost the will to live!! .... so this is the only one,doesn`t matter mind!!
The bench is now TOTALLY clear,and ready for The start of Karl`s Pacific GB :tongue-out2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Very nice, that came out well :smiling3:

One point you may want to consider next time: give the figure a coat of matt varnish. Right now he has shiny clothes — more shiny than the vehicle he’s in, in fact :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Very nice Mr. Smiff!!! Great to see you finally doing builds yourself for a change!!! I just don't understand why you wanted to get the bench cleared so quickly......To build another wing thingy???...I am really starting to worry about you Andy!!!...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Really a great build, it has all the right items to make it interesting Andy , well done.

View attachment 480198

Congratulations.
Awarded by the committee as they went in for tea, one shouted out PASTIE lover !
Thank you very much John,most humbling :smiling3:
The committee ought to treat themselves to an Ivor Dewdney's Giant Steak pasty.... they'll be converted before they even finish their first one. ;)

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy, you've done a brilliant job mate, well done, it certainly looks the part.
Cheers Lee, really enjoyed this one :smiling3:
Very nice, that came out well :smiling3:

One point you may want to consider next time: give the figure a coat of matt varnish. Right now he has shiny clothes — more shiny than the vehicle he’s in, in fact :smiling3:
Thanks Jakko,good point re the figure.... He's now had a going over with a splash of " Dullcote", I'll try a get a decent pic of him later. ;)
Proper job Andy, nicely finished
Ha,nice one Mick,thank you. :smiling3:
That's a great result Andy. I do like dios and this is a cracker. I'm with you in that I like to include a figure or two even if figure painting is not your forte.
Thanks very much Jim, totally agree about the figures,I just think that, even if only one,they add that "certain something". ;)
Lovely job Andy. Plenty of variety to catch the eye and we'll executed.
Thanks Andy, it's a fairly uncluttered base,but sometimes,"less is more" eh? ;)
Nice Andy.Like what you have made.The black and white image really gives it an atmospheric look.
Well done chap.
Richard.
Cheers Richard,the b/w pic would've worked a bit better if it hadn't already been in the frame, but it,more or less, got the desired effect. ;)
Very nice, Andy. The figure really gives a sense of scale.
John.
Thanks John,yes,it was quite a beast of a machine wasn't it. :smiling3:
Great job Andy and good choice of figure. I think it really sets a mood.
Thank you Neil,he does look a bit pensive doesn't he? :smiling3:
Very nice Mr. Smiff!!! Great to see you finally doing builds yourself for a change!!! I just don't understand why you wanted to get the bench cleared so quickly......To build another wing thingy???...I am really starting to worry about you Andy!!!...

Prost
Allen
Cheers Allen.... The bench had got rather busy/messy so it had to be done.... it won't last long mind! ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A very nice result!
The pictures are not as bad as you are trying to make us believe. We are all our own worse critic.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Cracking job Andy. The B/W pic really does it justice. Something atmospheric about the black and white!!!!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Andy sorry I missed this one very impressive build thanks for sharing