Andy T's Arma Hobby 1/48 Mk llc Trop

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This is lovely work Andy. I am following your weathering progress with interest as I am at a similar stage with my Hurricane and weathering is an are that I need to improve on so any tips in your post would be greatly appreciated.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Absolutely top notch Andy. Most excellent paint job. That putty does sag and slump. Useful stuff but you have to apply it and then paint immediately otherwise it just "flows" away. Really looks the business with her decals on.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks so much for the brilliant comments gents. With the Bank Holiday weekend here I should get this finished. Just in time for the Star Wars GB I will be.

@Jim R I've only used it out in the shed before where it wasn't such an issue. I need to adjust for the more temperate conditions indoors!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I think I've overdone the exhaust stains a little :rolling:

I have seen images of them this noticeable but I'll pretend it's been on a particularly long mission with some dirty fuel lol

1000007756.jpg

Opinions welcome on this please. Would it look more balanced if I dirtied up the rest of the aircraft a bit more to fit with my cover story?

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Andy it's just fine as it is, don't mess with perfection! I think the exhaust stains are perfect I have seen them myself on modern hurricanes which I am sure receive much more TLC than they would in the desert during the war

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Andy it's just fine as it is, don't mess with perfection! I think the exhaust stains are perfect I have seen them myself on modern hurricanes which I am sure receive much more TLC than they would in the desert during the war
+1!
Pete

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats a beauty Andy. I thought you said you cant do aircraft! Nothing wrong with the exhaust soot at all.
Cheap fuel, running rich, not enough lead in the petrol. loads of excuses.

That really is a great paint job.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Superb all round. Well done. I reckon the exhaust stains are spot on. Love the way you've remembered to curve the stain to follow the air flow. I've seen many just as a straight line.

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Very sweet Andy, top job :thumb2:

I would also add my agreement that the exhaust staining and weathering overall looks spot on.
Hurricanes were worked very hard so yours would not be out of place.

Geoff.