Andygh's mini-Tiger, not a GB

A

andygh

Well I've finished with hours to spare. Strangely I can't find the photos I took earlier in the build, anywho here is the article in all it's glory :grinball2:

F

Fenlander

Nice one Andy. Sadly, yet again, I failed on this build. Too much to do and not enough health. A classic Tiger though, very nicely finished to with very nice figures. It has been really good to see what people can make of the 1:72 - 76 stuff. Really impressive.

A

andygh

Cheers guys.

It's the Hasegawa Tiger I ausf.E

I had to chose something reasonably large in 1/72 so my sausage fingers could cope, I'm gonna try some more of this small scale stuff, I enjoyed it. Just need to tart the base up a bit now

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Andy

First of all congrats on a well finished braille scale Tiger. The finish to the tank, it's commander and loader are top notch. The variation in panzer grey and the restrained dirt on the tank look really convincing and can be easily overdone at this scale.

I've just completed the build on the late version of this tank so I can tell that this is the Hasegawa kit. I found it to be a nice and easy kit to put together, and overall it looks like a Tiger, but I did find the details to be a bit poor and the scale seems small for 1/72 (perhaps more like 1/76 or even smaller). What do you think?

BTW, happy new year!

Paul

B

Bunkerbarge

Weathering at this scale is particularly difficult and it is so easy to go over the top and do too much but this one is just right and looks absolutely spot on. Great build which will look the part on a base. Just one suggestion would be a bit of soot and rust around the exhausts but again at this scale you can get away with it.

A

andygh

I found it to be a nice and easy kit to put together, and overall it looks like a Tiger, but I did find the details to be a bit poor and the scale seems small for 1/72 (perhaps more like 1/76 or even smaller). What do you think
I agree 100%

Cheers once again for the kind comments fellas

I

It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Neat build Andy. If you fancy doing another one in 1/72, try the Revell kit which is excellent OOB and features some lovely detailing.

Andy