another paint conversion question

A

AVB99

Having consulted the ultimate paint conversion chart I cannot find a Tamiya equivalent for Humbrol 77 Dust grey. Does anyone know of one please? It's for the lighter colour of my camouflage for my mk 16 spitfire. The instructions say dark green and dust grey (77).

Thanks

Aidan

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
hmm Humbrol says that 77 is Navy Blue and that ain't right!

If its Humbrol you want I think its medium sea Grey (167) you need, or Ocean grey (106)

Ian M

A

AVB99

\ said:
hmm Humbrol says that 77 is Navy Blue and that ain't right!If its Humbrol you want I think its medium sea Grey (167) you need, or Ocean grey (106)

Ian M
Thanks Ian. To be honest I'll use whichever paint I have in stock though it does not look like I'll be in luck. I've had so many setbacks with this kit that I'm just wanting to finish it. (Does anyone else ever feel that way?) I have a larger range of Tamiya paints than I do Humbrol so it looks like I'll have to go out and buy some.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Tamiya released the colours Ian has given to go with the original 1/32 Mk IX kit. They are the colours you want if you must use Tamiya. They also released the Dark Green XF 81.

These are all standard RAF Day Fighter Scheme colours and are applicable to many RAF fighters.It might be worth the investment!

Cheers

Steve