Aoshima 1/48 Airwolf

F

Ferrets Bueller

After watching Promodeller phils start on this kit in the old news shows and being a fan of the tv show when i was a kid i had to get one if these models.

Nice to get a display stand as i want to display this in flight as i always thought it looked cool with retractable undercarriage.

I didnt waste too much time on the cockpit as its almost all hidden when the body in on.

F

Fenlander

I remember Phil starting this then it seemed to disappear. Look forward to seeing you do this one Paul. Not my sort of model for building and, I can honestly say, I have never seen an episode of the TV series, but I can enjoy seeing it built up.

First Name
Dave
This is spooky!.we were talking about ernest bourgnine atwork today(god knows why!).i said i remember him as the crew chief on Airwolf!. Jan Michael Vincent was the pilot as i recall.

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
I remember Phil starting this then it seemed to disappear. Look forward to seeing you do this one Paul. Not my sort of model for building and, I can honestly say, I have never seen an episode of the TV series, but I can enjoy seeing it built up.
How can you never have seen an episode of Airwolf, lol you havent lived graham:dontknow:

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
This is spooky!.we were talking about ernest bourgnine atwork today(god knows why!).i said i remember him as the crew chief on Airwolf!. Jan Michael Vincent was the pilot as i recall.
Strange eh, and your right about Jan Michael Vincent .

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
A56-7W code name "Airwolf". Jan Michael Vincent was Stringfellow Hawke, Ernest Bourgnine was Dominic Santini, Alex Cord played Archangel, sorry not seen it lol.

This was my favorite show when i was a kid, was on about it the other day to the wife and thinking if they still made a kit of the "Lady". Googled it and found out that this is the kit in question nice one Paul, is this with or without the PE Paul?

Have fun, John

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
A56-7W code name "Airwolf". Jan Michael Vincent was Stringfellow Hawke, Ernest Bourgnine was Dominic Santini, Alex Cord played Archangel, sorry not seen it lol.This was my favorite show when i was a kid, was on about it the other day to the wife and thinking if they still made a kit of the "Lady". Googled it and found out that this is the kit in question nice one Paul, is this with or without the PE Paul?

Have fun, John
Hi john its the kit without the pe as ive been told its not worth the extra money for it. I paid £40 delivered off ebay but i know it can be found at quite a few online retailers. Its a really nice kit to the fit is really good and the molds are very crisp. Just shame there is no way of showing of the interior as there is alot of detail in the rear compartment. I would have had a go of making a removable panel but wouldnt want to risk ruining the look of the fusalage as thats what i bought the kit for a model of airwolf.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Doe's look a very nice kit, next time i've got some penny's in me pocket i'll have to get one in my stash. But in the meantime i'll watch you build your's.

Have fun, John

M

m1ks

\ said:
A56-7W code name "Airwolf". Jan Michael Vincent was Stringfellow Hawke, Ernest Bourgnine was Dominic Santini, Alex Cord played Archangel, sorry not seen it lol.This was my favorite show when i was a kid

Have fun, John
Indeed, and the MIA brother StJohn (snjin), who was found and then appeared in the (third?) series as the 'new pilot', sadly this was when it all went downhill, due to JMV leaving the show.

It was a part of the whole 80's PBV (Pointy Black Vehicle) era*, Knight Rider, Airwolf, Streethawk but unlike the other two was more of a thinking mans version of a prime time TV action series, a little darker, more moody, with JMV having retrieved 'the lady' he then stashes it in a big moutain cave until 'the firm' promise to find out what happened to his brother, in return he flies missons for them.

Theres very little footage of Airwolf flying and fighting in each episode again, unlike the others and a lot of footage is re-used through the series but it is really very good and stands up well even today.

*Although Airwolf was not in fact black on the upper surfaces, but Phantom Grey just as a matter of interest.

I've seen some cracking RC frames with working retracts, guns and rocket pods when I was flying RC heli's and had no idea Aoshima had done one, I'd have looked much harder had I known when I bought the Kitech one I have in my pile, (which is not bad but it's been got at by the Airfix 70's rivet monster)

That cabin looks nice and I look forward to seeing this one go together.

D

dm73

Awesome program, loved all that sort of stuff as a kid. This is going to be a great kit, looking forward to seeing it being built, does anyone remember Streethawk, was a motorbike version of Airwolf but not as good.

M

m1ks

Jesse Mach, Norman Tuttle, Hyperthrust, laser cannon in nose, LED striplights under cowling, strange ability to transform into a completely different off road machine complete with trailie tyres for the off road chase scenes.

No, don't recall that one. :smiling3:

D

dm73

\ said:
Jesse Mach, Norman Tuttle, Hyperthrust, laser cannon in nose, LED striplights under cowling, strange ability to transform into a completely different off road machine complete with trailie tyres for the off road chase scenes.No, don't recall that one. :smiling3:
lol blimey i thought i was doing good just remembering the name of the program.

M

m1ks

OK, for double point score can anyone remember the wording for the acronyms K.I.T.T and K.A.R.R, (Knight rider)

(is my geek showing) :smiling3:

No googling!!!!!!

Last edited:
F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
OK, for double point score can anyone remember the wording for the acronyms K.I.T.T and K.A.R.R, (Knight rider)(is my geek showing) :smiling3:

No googling!!!!!!
Kitt was Knight Industries Two Thousand, no idea about the other one

D

dm73

\ said:
Kitt was Knight Industries Two Thousand, no idea about the other one
I knew that one but had to look up the KARR, wasn't he the evil one?

M

m1ks

Yes he was, same idea as K.I.T.T. but seemingly had some kind of AI chip which led to him becoming a bit twisted and out for (him)(it)self, this was when KITT had a green talky solid dash light and KARR's was way cooler with a red LED bar system which KITT had incorporated shortly after.

In the first appearence he was all gloss black like KITT but in the second appearance he was gloss black upper with graphite grey lower panels, (Evidently so we could easily differentiate during the 'epic battle' scene. :smiling3:

Anyhow, K.A.R.R. was Knight Automated Roving Robot

And on that note, i'll get me coat :smiling5:

Although, while we've well and truly hi-jacked this Airwolf thread, (sorry), can anyone remember what JAFO was in Blue Thunder (The movie, not the tv series)

Last edited:
D

delmonteman

Right, this one's been a "heated discussion" in the boozer a few times........ Who would win in a fight? Knight Rider, Street Hawk or Airwolf? I have a theory..........

M

m1ks

Oh, no contest, Airwolf without a doubt, as a bike rider, I think bikes are ultimately very cool but lets face it, you're as exposed as can be regarding a potential battle scenario, KITT is incredibly hard with it's super armoured paint and all bt airwolf has the looks, the guns the rockets and it flies, and i'd rather be a JMV-alike with a G suit and cool helmet than have a dodgy perm and 80's leather jacket, (hang on a minute, I knew Jeremy Clarkson reminded me of someone) :smiling3:

D

delmonteman

Aaaah, but.........

Unfortunately, I have to agree that Streethawk would get battered. But how is Airwolf beating KITT with its bulletproof armour? My theory is that Airwolf shoots KITT, has no effect, KITT finds a slight incline, turbo boosts up it and smashes into Airwolf. Some people have told me that I've put too much thought into this.................