Aston Martin DB5 Completed!!

S

Stefan290790

Hey everyone! I thought I would show you the Aston I had made. Below is a little review I put together and some photos, enjoy!!

Name: Aston Martin DB5

Brand: Airfix

Scale: 1:32

Skill Level: 2/4

Cost: $20 AUS

Detail: Detail is decent for the size and price of this model. It is lacking stickers for the Aston Martin badge however and lacking a bit of cabin depth.

Difficulty: The hardest thing was to connect the chassis up with the lower part of the car which cause scratches in the paint job, other than that it was pretty straight forward.

Value for Money: Good value for money as it came with 6 paints, 2 brushes and 1 mini glue.

Pros:- Less than 50 parts so easy to build and not time consuming.

- Easy colours, mainly black, silver and metallic silver.

- Decent detail for price.

Cons:- Chassis plastic was bent a bit (it was like that when I opened it) which made it harder to stick to the bottom part of the car.

- Some detail lacking in certain areas

- Sticking the chassis to the bottom part of the car was a nightmare! It is one of those kits where some pieces that are meant to stick together don't want too!

- Instructions were a little vague in step 2.

- Paints that came in the kit were average.

- Wheels were not rubber.

Overall: This is a good kit and worth the buy for a simple model to make that doesn't require much time. 7/10.

View attachment 20729

View attachment 20730

View attachment 27769

View attachment 27770

Photo0123.jpg

Photo0125.jpg

S

sprayman

A very nice DB,and a good build there Stefan, one of my favorite classic motors, If you ever build another the paint used on the silver DB5 was Silver Birch.

M

m1ks

Nice little model and a good job done, did you brush paint with the supplied acrylics?

S

Stefan290790

I spray painted the body but brush painted everything else.

I used the supplied paint which i never used before. They were average.

Last edited:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice Aston Stefan. Heard on the news recently that the 007 DB5 has just been auctioned - can't remember how much it went for but it was a lot!

Love Aston Martins they are a class car. Your build lives up to the marque.

All the best

Paul

S

Stefan290790

Thank you! Yeh I heard about that, $4.1 Million US I think it was (around 2.6 Million pounds).