• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fenlander

OK, a vignet of any size you like lol.

You may be right in that Ray, in my case, I can get drunker but physics dictates I cannot get much fatter :laughing:

S

sprayman

I know what you mean....lol we would be no good as tank crew then....

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I have just read Paul's latest post on his thread and it's got me thinking...

He has a very valid point when he says there seems to be no interest in the summer G/B anymore.

It still has until the end of the month to run.

So, here's a thought. I know it's too late this time around, but in future might it not be better to delay any thought of the next G/B until nearer the conclusion of the present one?

It all seems a bit too hectic and people still doing the summer one just might find it all too much.

Please understand, this is in no way a slight on the cracking job Graham is doing trying to keep us all in order, it's just a thought running around in the usually dormant organ perched on my shoulders!

Cheers all,

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I gotta put my 2d worth in. I find it difficult to motivate myself sometimes to finish a build. I seem to get half way through one kit and something in my stash calls out and says "You should be building me!" A group build gives me the motivation to finish 'cos it's not just for me.

I'm up for whatever is decided.

Gern

F

Fenlander

I can see where you are coming from Ron but most Forums that run GBs have their subject calendar set for a whole year, sometimes more. That way people have a chance to think it through and search for/save up for the kits they want to build alongside what they would buy/build anyway. To some degree, I think that one of the issues with time etc is that most people (not myself this time as a year wouldn't have been long enough) get started and finish within a few weeks, many within the first month. Those that do not start until later and/or need the whole time due to other commitments tend to do the last mile by themselves. Although they get the same support, and support for GBuilders has been superb, it is a bit lonely running the last leg while seeing everyone else returning home in their cars...... (bad metaphor time)

I have suffered the same as you Dave all through this GB, I have had so many ideas going around my head and searching for kits to do them since we started this one, I just have not given it the time or concentration to do a decent job of it. However, I do believe, for the same reasons you give Dave, that the GB does tend to focus people into having a go (and that is the most important part, having a go even if not completing) at something they may never have thought of or attempted.

It is so hard to please most of the people most of the time. In fact, that will never happen but it is a GB, not the end of the world. It is a bit of fun, not a competition. Let's not take it too seriously but then again, let's not keep channeling it so it stays in our comfort zone or the GB will just become what we do anyway and therefore pointless.

P

Plastickitbasher

Would like to take part, I'd like to do either BoB or D-Day I have an idea for both.

B

Bunkerbarge

I think Graham makes an exellent point there about challenging ourselves and brings me to a suggestion. Oh Groan, not another one!! Still you never know till you chuck the idea in the hat do you?

Unfortunately working away from home I simply cannot get into a group build however looking at what goes on from my perspective I would like to suggest a bit of thinking outside the box. Every one seems to look for a subject matter that is purely objective from either a period, vehicle type, campaign etc..etc.. but what if you went for a much more subjective topic to get your creative thinking sparked up a bit? As a couple of examples how about topics such as "Ambush", "Tranquility", "Courage" or something along those lines. You would obviously be looking at either a diorama or a montage but then everyone could almost certainly use something they already have in thier stash and the big part of the project would be the creativity in interpreting the topic.

As I said only a thought.

F

Fenlander

Cheers Richard, another thing to think :laughing:

You do have a good point though. It would give us something to think about while staying almost in our comfort zone. I quite like this, how about you comments guys on a GB entitled "At rest"? Any period you want, any format so long as it is at rest.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Cheers Richard, another thing to think :laughing:You do have a good point though. It would give us something to think about while staying almost in our comfort zone. I quite like this, how about you comments guys on a GB entitled "At rest"? Any period you want, any format so long as it is at rest.
Get's my vote Graham. Nice one Richard for the suggestion. So, if i've got this right it doesn't have to be on a military theme, as Graham said "At Rest" it could be a couple of workers having five minutes. This idea has really got me thinking, i have things going through my mind (good thoughts) and i'm going into overload.

Have fun, John

K

Kressy13

Hi guys.

Sounds good. A vietnam GB sounds good but then again the idea of "at rest" is quite good. So many ways it can be interpreted. Could prove quite interesting indeed.

Cheers

Kresten

B

Bunkerbarge

That's exactly it John, it could be absolutely anything and the wide range of interpretations could be very interesting. It could be civilian, military, fantasy, Sci-Fi, anything!!

I think "At Rest" is an exellent topic and just the type of thing I was thinking of.

F

Fenlander

Thank you Richard, I think you may be onto something here. Yep, at rest could be a bloke (or bloke-ess, workers of other genders are available) leaning on a shovel. It could be Grandpa in a deckchair, it could be Marines grabbing a few zzzz in the asian jungle, it could be a silent gun. The skill would be to depict it in such a way as the viewer would know that it was 'At Rest'

Any subject, any scale, surely this has to be a goer?????

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
Thank you Richard, I think you may be onto something here. Yep, at rest could be a bloke (or bloke-ess, workers of other genders are available) leaning on a shovel. It could be Grandpa in a deckchair, it could be Marines grabbing a few zzzz in the asian jungle, it could be a silent gun. The skill would be to depict it in such a way as the viewer would know that it was 'At Rest'Any subject, any scale, surely this has to be a goer?????
Sounds good to me.

R

Richy C

At rest , BOB , D-Day or Vietnam is good for me , as said before I`m happy no matter what is choosen

Richy

N

noble

Love the D-day and Bob and the at rest idea niiiiccceee, could i offer up WW1 as a possibility. The vietnam idea sounds well cool.

scott

S

sprayman

At rest brilliant.....hmmm I see Luftwaffe pilots playing cards....or Afrika core taking a leak in the desert sun.....

F

Fenlander

That is the sort of thing Ray, doesn't matter where or when.

L

Lancasterb1

So I take it from the latest posts that we are going for 'At Rest' any resonable subject where the kits can be sourced? I have a subject in mind already, so I think I am up for it........................... Bring it on!

Andy

F

Fenlander

So far I cannot see why not Andy. Give it a while to see if there are any real objections but I am really leaning towards it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.