eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

The year is 2160, after the battle with the Na'vi and the consequential expulsion from Pandora, the RDA is still on the search for a source of Unobtanium. They have surveyed other worlds and have found a new source...

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great stuff mate I like that really nicely presented :smiling3:

That alien reminds me of the one Louis gosett jr played in enemy mine :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
superb I do real like it,Si :D

great work on the weathering of the bot,do like the look of the wet mud,

may i ask how did you get that effect please, :smiling3: ?

and how cool is that little green dude like him,

over all the base and figures are just great lov it all so well done,big thumbs up from me:D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
do like the look of the wet mud,may i ask how did you get that effect please, :smiling3: ?
I use a two part epoxy and add some oil paints give it all a good mix and just smear on. The Epoxy goes off, eventually and you get that wet look.

The AMP suit is actually a toy, there are no model kits, bought at the Comic-Con, they are rather rare too but got it cheap. It has been re-painted, weathered with Ali and chrome acrylics and enamels, oil washes and then pigments splattered on.

The alien was a grey plastic figure that I repainted, did some washes and the stippled in oils.

Glad you like it Moni.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
OUT OF THIS WORLD love everything about it the bot alien and the base great work Si well done cheers John

W

Willi262

I love that term "unobtainium". They have it. It's obtainable. Just hard to get. It should be called "Hardtogetium"... :smiling3:

D

dubster72

That's very impressive Si! The varied colours have worked out really well, and the base sets it off perfectly :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I love that term "unobtainium". They have it. It's obtainable. Just hard to get. It should be called "Hardtogetium"... :smiling3:
LOL, for the superb imagery Cameron has...Unobtainum has got to be the most lazy idea to ever screen...I mean that is really lame, surely they could have thought up a better name, like...Quadrohexisulminate...I.E substance Q.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Ta guys, glad you like it.

D

Deleted member 3568

And there was i thinking you was fluent in quasi quitilum no si it means amazing work.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
And there was i thinking you was fluent in quasi quitilum no si it means amazing work.
Ah, many thanks even more Ken...I am barely fluent in English :D