AZ models 1/72 BF109 -f2

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres one Ive just completed , its the AZ bf109 -f2 in 1/72 . Excellent kit , very nicely detailed and no problems with the build. Only slight drawback is the canopy cant be posed open - the rear fixed section is moulded with the opening part , yet the windscreen is seperate? Shame really as the cockpit is very nicely done . Finished in the one off experimental scheme of a machine stationed in Holland . IMG_3720.jpegIMG_3719.jpegIMG_3574.jpegIMG_3575.jpegIMG_3707.jpegIMG_3708.jpegIMG_3709.jpegIMG_3710.jpegIMG_3711.jpegIMG_3712.jpegIMG_3713.jpegIMG_3714.jpegIMG_3715.jpegIMG_3716.jpegIMG_3718.jpeg

Last edited:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Interesting scheme, and a beautiful build. Looks like a much bigger scale.
Pete

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking build Tony and very nicely presented too.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Lovely work Tony:thumb2:,
As the guys have said,that camo scheme is excellent,if you hadn't of mentioned it, I'd never of guessed that it's 1/72!! :flushed::cool:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautiful.

PS Those cockpit details are a loooong way from the early Airfix kits where all you got was a bar to sit the pilot on! And even further away from the early Revell kits where the pilot was moulded onto the fuselage halves! Anybody apart from the old fogeys like me remember them?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is a very nice result Tony. Lovely paint job and that is a well detailed cockpit. Could easily pass for a larger scale.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Interesting unusual scheme and a great result overall
And nice to know AZ kits go together well with all the ones I've got in the stash!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Very nice work
Interesting scheme, and a beautiful build. Looks like a much bigger scale.
Pete
Very nice ,like the paint scheme.
Cracking build Tony and very nicely presented too.
Lovely work Tony:thumb2:,
As the guys have said,that camo scheme is excellent,if you hadn't of mentioned it, I'd never of guessed that it's 1/72!! :flushed::cool:
Beautiful.

PS Those cockpit details are a loooong way from the early Airfix kits where all you got was a bar to sit the pilot on! And even further away from the early Revell kits where the pilot was moulded onto the fuselage halves! Anybody apart from the old fogeys like me remember them?
Tony
Nice work .
View attachment 504253
Congratulations.
Well deserved Tony.
That is a very nice result Tony. Lovely paint job and that is a well detailed cockpit. Could easily pass for a larger scale.
Interesting unusual scheme and a great result overall
And nice to know AZ kits go together well with all the ones I've got in the stash!
That looks great Tony.
thanks everyone for the great comments , I really enjoyed this one , it built up lovely and i was chuffed I got the camo scheme ok . Shame about not being able to have an open canopy though as the pit was very nicely detailed, because of this I only used some decal belts ( from the Tamiya bf109 e trop) as they cant really be seen like the rest of it.
@Gern , yes dave its a far cry from the old days , although the de havilland dh88 comet still being peddled by airfix in various boxings has the aforementioned pilots heads on a blanked off cockpit !!!!!!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I have this kit too Tony, and thought your chosen scheme, or the version with rings, were quite fetching. Now I've seen your superb build I might have to dig this one out. Once I get some time to do some modelling...

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
thanks everyone for the great comments , I really enjoyed this one , it built up lovely and i was chuffed I got the camo scheme ok . Shame about not being able to have an open canopy though as the pit was very nicely detailed, because of this I only used some decal belts ( from the Tamiya bf109 e trop) as they cant really be seen like the rest of it.
@Gern , yes dave its a far cry from the old days , although the de havilland dh88 comet still being peddled by airfix in various boxings has the aforementioned pilots heads on a blanked off cockpit !!!!!!
So at least some of you young whippersnappers know what I'm burbling about?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That thing must be tiny! How you manage to paint it so well is beyond me!
Great work Tony.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I've gotta admit that's the first time I've seen a 109 in that colour scheme and it looks gorgeous, it really makes a difference from the normal splinter cam.. well done dude..
Love it Tony! :thumb2:
That thing must be tiny! How you manage to paint it so well is beyond me!
Great work Tony.
Thanks guys , yes Ian it is rather petite ! But a really enjoyable build , so much so ive got another AZ 109 , albeit in a special hobby boxing with another interesting scheme !

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A splendid job Tony. That's not a finish I've seen before.