Aztek A4709 Airbrush

P

p6v8man

Hi All,

Has anyone had a leak problem with their Aztek 470 airbrush? I have paint dripping out where the chrome ring meets the body of the brush. I just cant seem to cure it. As always any help would be appreciated. :gathering

N

Nigel.D

Squiff is probably the best person to talk about Azteks give him a pm !!! but it sounds as if your paint flow is blocked ? does it do it on all nozzles or just one ?

P

p6v8man

Hi Nigel... Sorry to take so long getting back to you. I lost my Mum last week so have a lot of running about to do! As for the airbrush I thought of blocked paint flow and gave it a thorough clean just in case. Then I made sure that I was thinning the paint down enough even to the extent of pushing some ink through it. But it still leaks! I think I will just send it back to testors and let them have a look at it. Maybe I've just worn the thing out... Will keep you posted on what they say

N

Nigel.D

Richard please accept our condolences it must be a really tough time for you ! Send Squiffy a pm im sure he will know the answer (Id just bin the thing if it was me though lol)

R

rjwood_uk

oi nigel dont start on him as well the poor guy!!!

very sorry to hear about your mum. hope everything goes ok for you

...and good luck with the airbrush!

P

p6v8man

Blimey! .... I did'nt mean to start a row!!! ... lol. Thanks everyone for your sympathy,it was very kind of you all. I've found the problem though... Not thinning the paint enough!!! Lesson learnt there. I also have a Paasche VL and find this a BRILLIANT airbrush. But I like the lightness of the Aztek for close detail work. Oh well...Back to the cutting mat. It's a hard job but somebody has to do it. Just finishing a Trumpeter 1/32 Wildcat and must confess this is one model I dont like!

S

squiffythewombat

LOOOOOOOL Nigel! :smiling:

Have you checked the seal isnt compressing...ie: not expanding to fill the gap. Have you checked youve not threaded the nozzle? Does it leak with the air on and off or just after youve finnished spraying?

N

Nigel.D

LOOOOOOOL Nigel! :smiling:Have you checked the seal isnt compressing...ie: not expanding to fill the gap. Have you checked youve not threaded the nozzle? Does it leak with the air on and off or just after youve finnished spraying?
as i said Paasche is a proper airbrush lmao :nono:

T

tigertc

Anyone noticed a huge difference in spraying between enamels and acrylics....i can spray forever with enamels...but flippin acrylics block my paasche up inabout 5 minutes flat, then its a ful strip down. (And i do filter the paint!)

Can only agree with Nige...Paasche rocks.

Adolf and Eva are nearly finished BTW, get some piccys up soon....if i get time to get back in my loft....BLOODY WORK!

R

rjwood_uk

im happy with my badger 200 and i only use acrylics, never filter them and never had a problem!!!

edit....

wow!!!!

i just realised this is my 1000th post!!!

bloody hell!!!

i wonder how many of them have been usefull though. lol!

Last edited:
S

squiffythewombat

yeah i hate spraying enamels, like Richard i find the tamiya acryics spray perfectly, i do mix them dont slightly but have been able to get away with some colours straight from the pot!

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
***Every post is important and useful here RJ,well done 'Happy 1000th' !!:dan1:

im happy with my badger 200 and i only use acrylics, never filter them and never had a problem!!!edit....

wow!!!!

i just realised this is my 1000th post!!!

bloody hell!!!

i wonder how many of them have been usefull though. lol!

N

Nigel.D

Acrylics tend to block the fine tip airbrushes (they dry too fast unless well thinned) I think you get use to one type of paint then you compensate for its qualities i allways use enamels !! Others acrylics its a personal choice

S

squiffythewombat

Acrylics tend to block the fine tip airbrushes (they dry too fast unless well thinned) I think you get use to one type of paint then you compensate for its qualities i allways use enamels !! Others acrylics its a personal choice
True, the tam stuff dries so quickly! But then again thats why i love it...im not exactly the most paitent person, lol!

Z

ZERO

\ said:
Hi All,Has anyone had a leak problem with their Aztek 470 airbrush? I have paint dripping out where the chrome ring meets the body of the brush. I just cant seem to cure it. As always any help would be appreciated. :gathering
Hi Just joined the forum, so sorry for a delay, and posting in to an old post, but I didn't see this info in it.

I use Aztek airbrushes too, I have bad news, and very good News too. Sounds like your brush is knackered, if the trigger is sloopy and doesn't seem as springy as it was it's probably gone to Airbrush heaven

However all Aztek Brushes have a lifetime warrenty, contact Aztek via the Testor website.

The Testor Corporation

As long as you have not tried to open the brush, they will replace it free of charge. (cost me £7.00 total for insured postage) the brush was replaced with a brand new one.

Dave

Z

ZERO

\ said:
Anyone noticed a huge difference in spraying between enamels and acrylics....i can spray forever with enamels...but flippin acrylics block my paasche up inabout 5 minutes flat, then its a ful strip down. (And i do filter the paint!)Can only agree with Nige...Paasche rocks.

Adolf and Eva are nearly finished BTW, get some piccys up soon....if i get time to get back in my loft....BLOODY WORK!
If you Add some flow Enhancer to Acrylic paint you will not have so much of a problem. I use Aztek brushes but never crack open a new jar of paint with out adding it four or five decent drops. (It also helps make Tamiya paints more usable with a brush too) hope this helps.

I use Daler Rowney Flow Enhancer.

Dave