Back To The Hobby

OldWalrus

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Thank you all for being so welcoming, I think I will have plenty of questions as so much has changed over the intervening years...

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Welcome Nick from my second favourite county :smiling: my wife's from Sussex and we have family around Eastbourne

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ah, the Frog Gannet....unhappy memories of trying to convert it to the AEW version using a vac form kit, I lost!
Ah yes, I remember that! An Airmodel model - a finished model for me had to wait until I did the Sword AEW Gannet in 2019!
Dave

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome Nick,
Forget about the eyes, just get an optivisor, you can soon spot us modellers when out shopping in the supermarket, we have our noses right on the meat and try to then pick it up with tweezers...

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Ah yes, I remember that! An Airmodel model - a finished model for me had to wait until I did the Sword AEW Gannet in 2019!
Dave
I think that was what finally sent me over the edge and into armour, those horrendous wafer thin vac-form conversion kits.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I think that was what finally sent me over the edge and into armour, those horrendous wafer thin vac-form conversion kits.
I remember strengthening those parts intenally with Araldite, especially wing roots & prop spinners - ordinary filler just wouldn't hack it!
Dave