battlestar gallactica scratchbuild

B

baz

hi everyone well I have been busy once more and come up with another LITTLE model a 66 inch long battlestar gallactica fro the original series. she is all scratchbuilt apart from some kit dressing even the large portions which were kit parts on the orginal have been hand made I hope you like her please be honest with you comments its the only way to learn and improve. she will soon be on display alongside some of my other scratchbuilds at TRANSPORT MODELS PRESTON LANCS Mark and davied have been so helpful and inspirational at times when I have been in the shop drop in and you will see what I mean.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

View attachment 87661

View attachment 87662

View attachment 87663

View attachment 87664

View attachment 87665

View attachment 87666

View attachment 87667

DSCF6610.jpg

DSCF6611.jpg

DSCF6613.jpg

DSCF6622.jpg

DSCF6623.jpg

DSCF6624.jpg

DSCF5734.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I have always loved your builds Barrie, they are just amazing and a credit to your skill. Beautiful workmanship on this model, always loved the original Galactica.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That is a lovely build and scratch built is very impressive

Was this taken from a site or maybe a previous version from the TV series as it looks different from the actual one in the show ?

B

baz

\ said:
I have always loved your builds Barrie, they are just amazing and a credit to your skill. Beautiful workmanship on this model, always loved the original Galactica.Si:smiling3:
thank you Si for your comments it was one of those models onmy must build list the next project will be underway soon watch this space if you pardon the pun.

regards Barrie ( the even older guy )

B

baz

\ said:
That is a lovely build and scratch built is very impressiveWas this taken from a site or maybe a previous version from the TV series as it looks different from the actual one in the show ?
hi Alan, the model is based on the original show battlestar though due to my lack of kits parts some areas are built as close as possible by hand all the small tanks that were used on the original had to be replicated by me making each seperate one quite a few if I remeber

regards Barrie ( the older guy )

G

Graham D

Amazing model, really impressed that it is all scratch built

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
hi Alan, the model is based on the original show battlestar though due to my lack of kits parts some areas are built as close as possible by hand all the small tanks that were used on the original had to be replicated by me making each seperate one quite a few if I remeberregards Barrie ( the older guy )
That explanes it then , the old series galactica was one of the best ships I've ever seen in a TV show and you've done a great job on this one I must say it is quite stunning :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's a beautiful scratch build Barrie.

I was an avid watcher of the original series when it was new to TV and your model more than matches my recollection of that massive ship. Also, with a scratch build you get a much sharper rendition with none of the soft edges that come with injection moulding. It makes the build look much more authentic - like viewing it in HD!

Great build for sure

Paul

First Name
barry
Amazing work i enjoy scratch building but that puts mine in the shade, how long did it take to build !.

D

Deleted member 3568

Great build must have taken ages I build scratch built ships but they are no where near that detailed awesome build.