Belated greetings!

First Name
Kevin
Hello good folks, having been remiss in providing an introduction, here goes.

I'm Kevin, another MM refugee, living in northern Nova Scotia, married 20 years with two great kids (21 and 19), just turned 52 last week, been modelling off and on since..... well now that I try and think when I started, it must have been in the mid 1970s.
I've built cars, planes, ships, the odd spacecraft, miniatures (both military and fantasy),but mostly WWII military, preferring to keep to 1/35 scale, but I have built, am building, and have in the stash things ranging from 1/350 ships to 1/32 aircraft.

I had been a working musician since 1986, been playing since 1979, but recently hung it up and play at home only now, still have all my gear, so who knows what will happen in the future.
Home reno projects, woodworking projects, and wargaming (both board and PC based) are some other interests.

Well, I'm happy to have found this place, looks very good, and I'm glad to see model railroading included in the mix. We can all steal tips and techniques from each other.
I've dabbled in trains since November 1979 when I discovered a Model Railroader magazine in the high school library during an off period, been hooked ever since, but I just don't have the room to build anything that would be satisfying, so I just armchair it for now.

I don't really have the time to be a member of a bunch of sites and give each enough attention to get the most out of it, so I guess I kind of pick a forum and stick with it, so this one's it, having been recommended by the chaps migrating from MM, lots of familiar folks here and plenty of new friends here also.

It sure seems friendly with good interface features, easy to navigate and keep track of where you left off reading, so a big thumbs up to the mods and admins! :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Kevin,
A very warm welcome from me, as a relative new comer to the site myself you will enjoy it here.
Scottie

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Kevin,
Welcome aboard and have a great time from one newb to another. If I may ask, What instrument do you play??? And What genre of music??? Thanks and have a great weekend!
Prost
Allen

PS, Do people really live in Nova Scotia? I never knew that...……………...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Kevin.
Welcome to your new home.:thumb2:
John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Kevin
Welcome from me as well....looks like a Bass in your avatar, is it a Ricky? Echoing Allen, what music genre?
Cheers
Tim

First Name
Kevin
The pic is a Rick, not mine, one I found and liked the look of.
I'm not much of a photographer.

Here are mine:
100_0882.jpg

A few years ago i finally had all my stuff at home and thought it would be nice to have a 'family' pic.
It took 45 min. to set it all up and about an hour to put it all back.
I've bought a couple of things since: Ampeg BA110 practice amp, QSC USA830 power amp, and a Classic Vibe '60s Strat in Burgundy Mist (a light purple metallic).

I've played from country to classic rock N roll to modern rock and pop in bar bands since 1986, which is when I bought the FireGlo 4000 on the far left.

The 4080 doubleneck now looks like this:
new guard_zpsrb7ssezt.jpg
I made the new pickguard from clear plexi, polished the edges and painted the back, then gave it a few coats of clear.

First Name
Kevin
PS: Nova Scotia should be a modeler's paradise: rainy and cold here right now, that's Spring, and Fall as well.
In Winter you have 2-3 feet of snow everywhere, and Summer lasts from early July to usually around late September.
So most of the year it's much more pleasant indoors than out.
It's not called New Scotland for nothing!