Best Looking Ferrari ?

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well I think the 330P4 Berlinetta is ( Closely followed by the 156 Formula One 'Sharknose' ! ) Both fondly remembered from my childhood in the 60s :cool:

I bought the Fujimi version but although it has by far the best Box Art, metal wheels together with better decals and nice PE detail - there is no full engine on view .
So I also found the older looking 'Union' model? Not sure of the history of this one, horrible instructions too but I will start with this one as the V12 engine is there to see with an opening engine bay.

Both are moulded in white plastic, didn't bother with sprue shots as they are similar.....

Made a start, painted the bodywork with Tamiya Spray Can and the rest will be old fashioned brush !

IMG_2036.jpgIMG_2044.jpgIMG_2045.jpgIMG_2035.jpg IMG_2028.jpgIMG_2029.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got to agree with you Steve , the 330 P4 is definitely the best looking Ferrari racing car , as for the road cars either the 250 SWB or the 500 superfast do it for me , beautiful , clean understated sixties design at its finest . Great start on the 330 , bodywork is ‘Molto Lucido’ !!
Those goodyear decals are going to be interesting , trying to get them to stick on rubber tyres! Cheers tony

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Some of the Ferraris can be difficult to tell apart, but the one I like most is the Enzo
ferrara enzo.jpg
I think I'd have difficulty getting in, and if the car survived the local speed bumps, the fire brigade would be needed to get me out! I have the Revell Enzo in my stash - that looks pretty good!
Dave

tigersteve

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
not many decals with this one, should have painted the silver window surrounds first, so will have to get a smaller brush and a steady hand some time! The boot/bonnet/engine cover has a hinge to display the engine but it is a poor design and wont work properly and makes the two parts seem not to fit nicely so will have to play with that before I attach the main bodywork to the chassis ......
IMG_2085.jpgIMG_2084.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking lovely Steve. Excellent paint finish. Bare metal foil would make a great job of your chrome surrounds, and it’s much easier than trying to paint them.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Steve,

I don't know about it not looking great, but the final finished product, in my eyes, is totally fantastic. I still can't believe you got such a nice glossy and smooth finish from a rattle can!!! A credit to you skills Sir......Oh, and everyone in Maranello are impressed too!!!.....

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Most definitely a keeper. The paintwork is very good indeed.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Steve, that's a very nice clean build.......I wouldn't be so quick to employ the "2 foot rule" if that were my efforts on display. Well done in my opinion. :thumb2: :thumb2:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
AS a comment to your build Nice one.
As a reply to the question; Dino 206 GT

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The 330 looks great Steve. The paint work on the shell looks flawless in the shots.
My vote would be for the 250 GTO (I’m a sucker for the lines of older classic cars of the 60s and 70s) although I do like the 330 also.

Incidently I have both the 330 and GTO by Fujimi in the stash.
Cheers
P

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very well done!