big mole scratchbuild

D

Dave1973

I look at the builds on this forum, and think in twenty years i might be good enough.

I look at your work baz and i think, i could sell my soul to lucifer, my kidneys to the nhs, and my body to science and still not have a hope in hell of managing anything like this!

Utterly astonished i am! This is skill.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That really is an amazing piece of work Barrie......... You have the mole "spot on". Superb job.

First Name
barry
Great work Barrie I love scratchbuilding and converting I have built a few models that there is no chance of seeing in kit form mainly rail guns.

As you say it is not diffucult but you need a lot of patience and a certain amount of skill which you have in abundance.

Fantastic work.

B

baz

\ said:
Name comes from my biking days when I was a nutter, I would do anything on a bike, my initials were k p so my mates just added nuts to the end, the real name is ken by the way. That jeep looks awesome too, I still don't think I could do it.
Hello Ken,

YES you could just simple cuts I guess the bit that some people have a job getting their head around is how to break down the shape into simple bits, I must just have a simple mind well that what partner Carol says.

just pick a subject break down into small bits and give it a go.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Hello Monica
well I do it because I love doing it, looking at a subject then breaking it down into easy pieces then making all the small parts then sticking it all together, most of the shapes are boxes (long or short ) tubes and cones. everyone thinks its hard to do but I assure you I have no fancy work tools and I just try to break things down into simple bits. The wheels on the mole are just circles then a width piece added then an edge part the small slices of hexagon rod for bolts the centre is a warm up piece of plastic held over a humbrol tin lid then the handle of a round file pushed into it to form the dome easy. here are some more build up images which may show there is nothing technical just cutting straight and glue everything together. the main body of the mole is just big tubes stuck together. I hope this helps give it a go just build what ever you want, the principal applies to everything.

best regards Barrie ( the old guy )
Absolutely Amazing! Saying what you've achieved is not hard would be like Norman Rockwell saying "just slap some paint about until it looks like this o_O" Bravo!...............Jim:smiling3:

B

baz

\ said:
Absolutely Amazing! Saying what you've achieved is not hard would be like Norman Rockwell saying "just slap some paint about until it looks like this o_O" Bravo!...............Jim:smiling3:
Hello Jim

thank you for your comments, what people think always tends to inspire me to create even better models, as I have explianed to Monica and others its not as hard as you think just breal down the item you want to build into little bits build all the little bits one by one and then bung the lot together...a model is born. give it a go we should have a site scratch build event maybe some time in the future.

take care regards Barrie ( the old guy )