Billing Boats Bluenose II

D

delmonteman

Priming, spotting irregularities, sanding, priming, spotting irregularities, sanding, priming, spotting irregularities, sanding. Boring as hell but it's getting a little bit better each time.

C

CDW

Well Gav ... all that "Priming, spotting irregularities, sanding, priming, spotting irregularities, sanding, priming, spotting irregularities, sanding." seems to have paid off looking at that last picture:smiling3:

D

delmonteman

It's going better than I thought. You definitely get your money's worth out of one of these kits (seems like its been on the table for months). If the instructions were a little better, I'd recommend them to anyone but I'm spending half my time on the tinterweb trying to find out what to do next as the instructions basically say "there's some wood, make a boat". Oh well, keeps me out of the missus way!

C

Caledonia

Hi Gav, your doing really well, beginning to look really ship shape. Since returning to the hobby until now I have done plastic injection aircraft, but when you try building a ship you realize how spoilt you have been, and how relatively trivial the plastic bashing problems are. Even if you were building my Trawler out of the box with no changes it would be extremely challenging if not near impossible for those who have never seen a Trawler. Cheers Derek

D

delmonteman

Challenging, yes but quite satisfying. This certainly won't be my last wooden model. (he says, knowing there's still weeks of work left)

S

steve244

it's suprising how much these kits absorb you and like you say how satisfying they really are even if you have never done one before so long as you pick the right kit then your hooked, well i am lol.

D

delmonteman

Yep, me too. Everything's taking longer than a plastic kit but I can see it slowly pulling together.