Boatmans 1/72 nd scale HMS Tiger C20

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You're just about there Chris. Here's hoping all goes well in the test tank.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You're for it now Chris!!! She has her dog with her.....you know, the one without it's danglers...coz JR knicked 'em for the Dog's award ;).... that dog'll sniff you out and then Matron will put you on the rack....to help you relax, of course.
Aaaaaaaacccchhhhh NO Rick dont even want to imagine it anyway im away like 570 does an takes me bride with me an that dog wont be anygood now without its danles they are what gave it its sence of smell lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You're just about there Chris. Here's hoping all goes well in the test tank.

HI Jim yes so do i im sure i should be rewarded after all the troubles ive had an nr sending me round the bend an i had a lot more hair when i started this build lol
an a pic
of the test tank now all cleaned out by the girls so just got to fill it with about 100 galls of water then get out the set up table an then tiger an it will be a long job of doin all the testin but at least i'll know how she sits in the water before she goes to the pond
CHEERS
Chrisb
IMG_8180.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well just got my norwich reggata list an if i can get tiger into test tank wheather wize an if things ok then she will go for her maiden voyage on june the 11th as its warship day up norwich pond so just got to hope for some nice whather now
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI ALL well ive today now fainaly finished the eletrics in tiger as i still had to get that bow thruster workin as when i fitted in a esc TO WORK IT then the becc esc wont work the motors so there is some kind of sensor that the becc esc picks up in the circutry an they wont work so a big headache for me an after tryin several esc 's STILL NO GO so i had a good think how i can get the bow thruster to work an not cause the becc esc to cut out an ive finally worked it out by makin a home made esc from 4 mini knock on switches an as there is no eletrics from it to the R/X for them becc esc to sence it all works perfeckly an a pic of my home made esc that now works the bow thruster left an right View attachment 481083
You never cease to amaze me Chris, how you manage to figure out these solutions is beyond me, I still have so much to learn.
Brilliant work mate
ATB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You never cease to amaze me Chris, how you manage to figure out these solutions is beyond me, I still have so much to learn.
Brilliant work mate
ATB
Garry
HI Garry cheers yes i do try an just been txtin gerry w as he wanted to vid tiger on her maiden voyage but he's in hos with lung probs an hooked up to oxygen tubes an bottles so wheather he will be well enough to come to pond to vid her is in doubt an garry he said he got a package for you if you are the right garry an he soon goin to post it
AN HOPE YOU WILL BE OK ON YOUR OP atb
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Good luck Chris. Just out of interest what is it that the wife is holding up in the air?? :smiling:
AN HI Jim not the missus lol but the lady is holdin a big flower as she is a water fountain
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI Garry cheers yes i do try an just been txtin gerry w as he wanted to vid tiger on her maiden voyage but he's in hos with lung probs an hooked up to oxygen tubes an bottles so wheather he will be well enough to come to pond to vid her is in doubt an garry he said he got a package for you if you are the right garry an he soon goin to post it
AN HOPE YOU WILL BE OK ON YOUR OP atb
chrisb
Thanks Chris, yes Gerry and I have been messaging. I hope he is on the road to recovery.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
HI GUYS well just got my norwich reggata list an if i can get tiger into test tank wheather wize an if things ok then she will go for her maiden voyage on june the 11th as its warship day up norwich pond so just got to hope for some nice whather now
chrisb
Do not forget your camera batterys Chris…..we will not take any excuses…..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
PS, you might want to have a quick look at Dave’s 3D printing thread….he’s just done Fireball XL5…..

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Do not forget your camera batterys Chris…..we will not take any excuses…..
Wow Tim no i wont but i may have a very good exscuse if wheather is chuckin it down an if all goes ok an get tiger to the pond on the day then my freind neil is goin to vid tiger an put it on utube so it may hapen yet if gerry still not well
Chrisb

PS, you might want to have a quick look at Dave’s 3D printing thread….he’s just done Fireball XL5…..
WOW Tim will do as thats one of my fave spave crafts
chrisb

HI Tim can you fit a link to this as i cant find it ?
chrisb

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Chris,
Given the skill and attention to detail on this beautifully built masterpiece I have no doubt that she will pass the float test with flying colours.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Given the skill and attention to detail on this beautifully built masterpiece I have no doubt that she will pass the float test with flying colours.
HI Scottie well i wish i had your confidence in me like you have as im lookin on the gloomy side cant help it as there is a lot of bow wheight an its at the thinest part of the hull for bouyancy due to all them heavy servos that work them gun turrets an its got 11 leak points rudder 4 prop shafts an 6 stabilizers an if they dont leak it will be nothin short of a miricale an thats why i want it to be nice wheather as i may have to strip out a prop sharft or two as while ive been running the motors to sort eletric probs most of the grease has got hot an run out of the prop sharfts so i will proberly need to regrease all 4 of them an that take a lot of time so will see what happens AN THANKS for you havin confidence in me wish i did
cheers ATB
CHRISB

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Outstanding Chris, gotta a lot of catching up to do on the forum, im guessing you had her in the water by now,hope it all went well.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Outstanding Chris, gotta a lot of catching up to do on the forum, im guessing you had her in the water by now,hope it all went well.
HI Mark yes she sailed ok an i'll post a few pics for you to see her on the water but not finished as she is still on hold at the moment till new yr as had a lot of trouble WITH the ESC 'S X4 as there was so much power goin through them that the BECC wires melted from the power causein heat so see how she will go in my next attempt hope you like her on the water
chrisb
IMG_8536.JPGIMG_8540.JPGIMG_8544.JPGIMG_8547.JPGIMG_8348.JPG