Bowcat's 1/35 Challenger 1 (Tamiya)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real do like this one Bob,great color,do like the toning,and very suitable weathering,
very well done,good,job,:D

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Moni (blush). :D

I think I might have overdone the exhaust staining a bit. I used humbrol black pigment but I thinks it's too dark. Not sure if therese a better product??

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica

I think I might have overdone the exhaust staining a bit. I used humbrol black pigment but I thinks it's too dark. Not sure if therese a better product??
I don,t mind them,but if you feel,there a little dark,,you could lighten them a bit,
blacks a funny color,and can come across a little harsh,I real try not to,over use it at time,
i do tend to lean more to a blue/dark gray,mixed with smoke,which is like a a brown/black,
but as you said you used a humbrol black pigment,try adding in some,blue,should tone it down a little,
maybe of some help,;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Thanks for the advice Moni, I'll try that on the next one.
glad that I,was of some help,even through I tend to do things a little dark or harsh as well,:confused:;)

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great work. Using pigments takes a bit of getting used to but you don't have to just dust them on. I use Mig's pigments and the same brand of fixer to seal them in using an airbrush but you can also use the fixer with a brush to push the pigments about and build up crusty layers. Have a loom at Humbrol's Youtube videos for tips on using them.
Keep building, I want to see more of your work.

B

Builder

Great job Bob. The devil is in the detail and youve done very well with the tool ls the gun the hatches and the highlights. Superb job overall mate.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

If you have, then mine is well over the top :smiling3:;

sm-SteveBrodie-Chally14_zps3131390d.JPG sm-SteveBrodie-Chally09_zpsb2ced2a9.JPG

But you haven't, i did have a load of photos i had collected from the web and these tanks were covered in soot from the exhausts, so i reckon your alright :D

chall88.jpg challenger-1-mbt-a.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
good find Steve,it always helps,if you can ,get backup pics,to say well it is how it can be,:smiling3:

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I realised yesterday that I hadn't actually finished this as I hadn't painted the figures. The kit came with two commanders, one for the desert scheme and one for the European. I decided to use both figures and jsut paint htem both in desert camo. :smiling3:

I'm quite pleased how they came out as it was my first time painting figures.

IMGP3483.JPG IMGP3484.JPG IMGP3485.JPG IMGP3486.JPG IMGP3487.JPG IMGP3488.JPG IMGP3500.JPG IMGP3501.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very good go for your firstt figures,never ,never an easy thing to paint well done,;)

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Moni, your not wrong about not eay to paint. Trying to paint in the commanders watch was a PITA. :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I still have some good days painting them and it works,but the bad days,tend to win most times,;)
your done well,