Brian's 1/200 HMS Hood

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bri well cant help about wheather she had a british roundel on the turret but this is not critisuim just an obsevation but dint she have the words HOOD fitted on her back S/S ?
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
GLAD you found out about that roundel but what about them HOOD letters ? Bri
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hood did have I'd markings on top of her A turret most info points to it being a blue and red roundel it was quite large and covered most of the top. I think a 1inch blue with a 1/2 inch red will do the job.
The letters Chris is referring to is the ships name. It didn't have a name plate but individual letters fixed to the superstructures. In peace time polished brass, painted out in war time,
KGVI.jpg
Photo from Hood Association for reference

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hood did have I'd markings on top of her A turret most info points to it being a blue and red roundel it was quite large and covered most of the top. I think a 1inch blue with a 1/2 inch red will do the job.
The letters Chris is referring to is the ships name. It didn't have a name plate but individual letters fixed to the superstructures. In peace time polished brass, painted out in was time,
View attachment 492902
Photo from Hood Association for reference
thank you Ian now do you see what i mean Bri but i dint know they were painted out in war time so you may not need to fit them on her
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A question for Ian, what did you use to attach the funnel rigging to the deck? some sort of eyelet?
Yes I made some simple eyelets, fro a single strand from a bit of flex twisted round a .5mm piano wire. Super glued into a 0.5mm hole drilled in the deck. I think there might be a how to in here some where...