Brilliant new products - detailing sets for aicraft and armour.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
These are very new indeed and the range is not yet very big but these look outstanding.... A product to watch.

A review on Modelling News

I will give them a try when a set is released for a relevantr kit - it almost tempts me to buy a kit just to try them out, maybe...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Look very impressive. With 3D printing becoming more and more common I wonder where modelling will be in a few years time.
Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The review on the modellingnews shows them off very well. They do look rather good. Well amazing actually!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
It's definitely the future. I saw these on Hannants mail shot and thought they looked the business!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Have ordered a set of German armour tool clamps in 3D, the demo showed them being fitted and you should be able to fit the tool seperate allowing the tool to be painted on its own or left off?

Might be the end of PE?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great to me as well. A step up from the eduard I’ve used before....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Probably not Bob, there are still things that etch can do that other mediums can’t. I would think resin After Market stuff is on borrowed time though.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Probably not Bob, there are still things that etch can do that other mediums can’t. I would think resin After Market stuff is on borrowed time though.
Not everything will be suitable for this process, or economic. I expect they will all be able to coexist for quite a while. It's another tool in the arsenal ( to mix metaphors). Very exciting.