British Challenger Mk.2 MBT

W

Weeman0000

I done this a while ago but just finished the turret today as well as adding the antenna. It was an easy build that i really enjoyed and to-date is the most expensive kit iv bought. (i think?)

First time using pigments and i clearly didn't know what i was doing so it looks a mess and the turret isn't the same color as the hull for some reason even tho its the same pigments... (pigment age?)

Also i know the side skirt shouldn't be black but that's all i had at the time and i wanted it to stand out.

Also the fuel drums, water cans and cable holder are green as if the tank has been re-painted for a desert conflict without wasting time to paint the additional items and so make them stand out and give it more character.

As always if you have any tips please throw them my way :D

View attachment 115879

View attachment 115872

View attachment 115873

View attachment 115874

View attachment 115875

View attachment 115876

View attachment 115877

View attachment 115878

View attachment 115880

View attachment 115881

SDC13712.JPG

SDC13713.JPG

SDC13714.JPG

SDC13715.JPG

SDC13716.JPG

SDC13717.JPG

SDC13718.JPG

SDC13719.JPG

SDC13720.JPG

SDC13721.JPG

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Very nice & good camera work with the pics.. :smiling3:
John.
Its really hit and miss with the camera tbh, those turned out ok, but sometimes i dont know if its taking a picture of the tank or the background with a blurry blob in the middle off it hahaha.

D

dougie

Lovely. I'm not sure on a tank exactly but usually those straps on the barrels have metal silver or slightly bronzed look. At least the ones I use have. They also rust right in the handle joints in days!

That's all I can say apart from stunning job. Really nice build, nice one

W

Weeman0000

\ said:
Lovely. I'm not sure on a tank exactly but usually those straps on the barrels have metal silver or slightly bronzed look. At least the ones I use have. They also rust right in the handle joints in days!
That's all I can say apart from stunning job. Really nice build, nice one
If i get round to it ill do that, i do think i was going to do them silver but i may have started building something else, went back to it and... yeah i did, i was waiting for pigments to arrive and forgot to go back and do some of the details before throwing a small bucket of pigment at it hahahahaha.

Unsure how to remove pigment or id have added decals and redone some bits but i dont want to have to cover any f-ups with even more pigment LOL

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Got to love the Chally 2, great work

Lee :smiling3:

S

steve scan

Very nice, like this very much, must get mine done. :rolleyes: