Bronco Comet plus bits....

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike
I look at your work and the work of people like Steve, Alistair, Artyom and others and I'm truly gobsmacked! Not sure whether I'm inspired or depressed :tongue-out3: In truth I find following work of such a very hgh standard ups my determination and mojo.
Figures look nice and very appropriate.
Jim
Jim,
Many thanks for the comments, but there are modellers on this forum, not just armour, that can walk circles around me, and I look at their work and have the same reaction, I think the word is inspired.
Mike

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really nice work on the netting and scratched knapsacks. I really admire builders of scratched stowage. Figures are looking good too, Mike.

Cheers,
Richard

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Really nice work on the netting and scratched knapsacks. I really admire builders of scratched stowage. Figures are looking good too, Mike.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard,
Many thanks.
Mike.

First Name
Jake
Update,
The build as such is finished, paint is done, weathering is weathered.
Had a bit of a fight fitting the tracks, As I said they go together in no time, but the front track guard has a chamferred inside and the tracks will go past but you will neet to bend it outwards to allow for this, next time I will scratch build one. Also the drive sprocket teeth do not match the holes in the track, not a problem, just cut off the teeth that will not be seen - job sorted.
Would I build another Bronco Comet, unless a better version comes my way, then yes I would and include the track links as well.
So the build is finished, now I am going to concentrate on adding stowage (undecided), cam net and of course a brew kit etc, and then a final matt coat of varnish to seal the job. The crew are on their way from China, rowing I think, and the base is in design. So here are a couple of pics, and once finished the final pics will be in the completed section.
Many thanks for all the comments and for sticking with it. I will let you know when it is in the completed section.
Cheers,
Mike.
View attachment 370009
View attachment 370010
View attachment 370011
View attachment 370012
Awesome build Mike! If I may ask, which varnish coat did you use to finish this off?

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Awesome build Mike! If I may ask, which varnish coat did you use to finish this off?
Hello Jake, Sorry I nearly missed your comment.
The Matt varnich I use is AK 183 Ultra Matte Varnish, it can be brushed but is better sprayed. I do not dilute mine as it is thin enough. But do give the airbrush a good clean afterwards.
Cheers,
Mike.