Building a model coffin.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
4de064b0.jpg

At one time every modeller used a coffin to store or transport his models,here I show you how to make a simple yet strong model storage box that will last you for years,these boxes can also be successfully used to send models in the post provided wings,tail,fuselage etc are well packed with pop-wrap etc to stop any movement,follow this link for instructions on how to build one up,they can be made in a couple of hours easily.

http://www.wonwinglo.scale-models.net/id44.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
5bfc7550.jpg

The model coffin has now progressed to the fitting out stage,here are the models resting in their balsa cradles,small dowels protude from the ends enabling the good old humble elastic band to do its job.

In case you are wondering why these models are all white ?,they are awaiting better weather to receive their spray-paint,there are some interesting colourschemes lined up for them.No area of the coffin will be wasted,gradually a second layer of models will be added to get the best from the space available,I now make it a policy to box my newer models,just wish that I had done this years ago.

The blocks just raise the undercarriages from the base of the box thus protecting them from damage.

Last edited by a moderator: