Building help

First Name
Drew
Okay, so last night I lay awake in bed for 3 hours before getting to sleep because the plans for my upcoming diorama were going round and round in my head.

My issue is buildings!

I'm going to do an Iraq/Afghanistan diorama set in a street but I haven't got a clue where to start with builidings.

The buildings are not going to be the focal point of the diorama, they are merely scenery - I'm not even interested in the interior of the buildings so even walls on their own would be an option.

So my question is, does anyone know of any companies that make walls or buildings that would suit a diorama set in the middle East?

Any suggestions would be welcome (other than make your own - I just don't have the time).

M

m1ks

I can't help with scenery, diorama's etc, i'm sure many others can, but I will recommend you set aside a few hours sometime and watch through a stack of these videos on Youtube, they're from a Fuji TV show called Plamo Tsukurou, (which apprently translates as plastic model kit making or thereabouts) and the people featured are amazing, the one below follows an armoured vehicle build with diorama and modified figures but there are lots of others.

YouTube - Tamiya JGSDF Light Armored Vehicle & Academy UH-60L Black Hawk Tutorial 1/9 SP-14

YouTube - Kanal von sleepylafiel

This is 9 10 min episodes but covers two models, the vehicle and diorama are covered in 1-5

No english subtitles or language, if you really want to know what they're saying you'll need a Japanese language course but the videos speak for themselves, if only we had a show like that over here.

Hope it helps.

B

Bunkerbarge

You will probably find a lot of good images if you go to Google and put an appropriate phrse in the search box in 'Images'. From what I know most buildings of the type you are after are mostly plaster covered and fairly basic shapes so they should be pretty straight forward to scratchbuild yourself. I'm sure that if you cabn get some pictures as guidance some lite ply covered with plaster would work very well.