but commander, i am desperate Ya?

D

Dave1973

out in the fields, a lone kampfwagen is lost. Lost the way, and possibly the will to continue.

The driver has been straining for the last two hours, and is hoping they stop soon.

Across the empty fields, the navigator sees a road, and they head towards it.

The going is rough and after the heavy rains, the ground is soft.

Edging towards the road, the commander orders all stop. He sees there is a sign, and digs out the correct map.

Taking his chance, the driver struggles out, and runs up the embankment, while the navigator follows.

The commander scans the surroundings, trying desperately to orientate his map to the local features. But the driver doesnt care, the navigator scratches his chin thoightfully, wondering whatbthese strange towns or olaces are the sign points towards.....hang on, whats the driver doing?

Well at least he is watering the grass, and no wonder he was desperate to stop!!

I hope you like my dio, its the second one ive made, and although it doesnt come anywhere near the ones i see on here, i have tried my best, and im learning lots as i do these.

My figure painting needs to improve vastly, but as im never going to enter a show, im not too bothered, all these models go on shelves in my little boys room, he loves them, especially the stories i make up about each one for his bedtime stories.

Thanks for looking!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Forgive the pun but thats a nice wee dio with a little story to go with it.

Nicley built

J

John Rixon

Tank weathering looks great, really lived in and grimy. Id looks pretty damn good too, never done one myself, but really ought to soon! Nice work!

D

dubster72

Ha-ha Dave I love it! :smiling3: Dioramas that tell a story is the very definition of a great piece of work in my book!

I didn't even realise the driver was spending a penny until I read your tale properly! Mind you, from the stream, he's spending a tenner, not just a penny! ;)

Would it be ok to mention a couple of points in the name of constructive critiquing? I ask somewhat tentatively as CCing on here is almost as devisive a subject as paint types.

D

Dave1973

Thanks guys, i appreciate it.

i DID say it wasnt perfect.!! I tried to make the pee splash against the post, but it was the best i could do.

Im waiting now for one of you to do it, and make a much better job of it!!

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Great little dip and a story too. Good stuff Dave..... I like it.

First Name
Dave
Really nicely done Dave. Competent and well thought out. Love the little ditty...................I mean the story, not reference to the driver although I think he's taking the P...................is that my coat I'm being handed........again?! :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Thanks guys, i appreciate it.
i DID say it wasnt perfect.!! I tried to make the pee splash against the post, but it was the best i could do.

Im waiting now for one of you to do it, and make a much better job of it!!
I'm not sure I could make my pee curve, might just go and have a go, I'll be back in two shakes!

D

Dave1973

Thanks!

I fiddled about with the hands and the legs of the driver, as originally he was in a running pose!

So before i glued the arms on, i heated up the knee with a tealight candle, and straightened his leg. Then i warmed up the hip area, and straightened the leg, sojnds simple but its a bugger trying not to overheat, or put the leg out of shape.

Then i found his body was twisted, because he was supposed to be running, and waving the troops forward. That was the hardest part to heat the waist area and twist the two parts. Thankfully, i took my time, and managed not to distort him!

Then it was the arms, trying to get them bent round enough to reach his...err......well you get the idea.

To be honest, i was happy i managed to portray the scene i wanted to, and to the best of my abilities.

I decided this week that modelling is enjoyable, and to keep it enjoyable, i need to stop trying to acheive results that are way beyond my skills at present. So just build the model, have fun, and make what i want.

This dio restored my amusement in modelling!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I decided this week that modelling is enjoyable, and to keep it enjoyable, i need to stop trying to acheive results that are way beyond my skills at present. So just build the model, have fun, and make what i want.

This dio restored my amusement in modelling!
This is what it's all about Dave. :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
lol, nicely done, what did you use for the leaks/twigs?

only bit of criticism i can give is your lawn in the background needs mowing!!! :P :p:p

D

Doug Hughes

I love it, Dave. It's really funny but that shouldn't prevent us noticing it's really well built and painted too. And yes, all the old gits like me on this forum are really jealous of that guy's 'flow'!

D

Dave1973

\ said:
lol, nicely done, what did you use for the leaks/twigs?
only bit of criticism i can give is your lawn in the background needs mowing!!! :P :p:p
I used some scenics thatched roof, took some and used scissors to cut small amounts into a pot. Its only £4 and will last forever.

The leaves are actually a pot of mixed spices from the missus!!

As for the lawn, since my accident ive been unable to do anything in the garden, our friend came over and cut it in september, but as the weather is getting bad, it can wait till next year.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol :D

do real like that ,well done, ;)

do like the look of it and also the color is great and nice weathering,