Calender time....almost Lets have those ideas!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well as those that have been following my Brain storm or brain fart if you prefer its time I got things sorted so that we all have an idea what we need to buy or put on the Christmas list. So as per usual I will swiftly pass the buck and ask for your wishes.

Can we Please have the suggestions first in the posts, any comment after. It just makes it easy for me to pull the requests out of the post.

As said in the other thread General subjects will go to the Themed builds. Group builds need to be more specific.

The SIG builds will be now run on a wish system so no suggestions for those in this thread. If you have an idea for a SIG Make a Thread in SIG chat.

Likewise suggestions for a One Week Wonder (OWW) are to be posted as and when the desire pops up, just post a build wish in the chat section under Group builds.

So get thinking and to start the ball rolling:

Group Build: Dog Fight! Two aircraft that have come head to head in the skies in real life.

Themed Build: Lest we forget. Build your take on a memorial to the fallen. It can be one you have seen, or one you make up.

The dogfight idea is to get the aircraft builders, that only do German, British or American, are nudged gently over to the other side to try some thing a bit different.

I saw a news video of the new Bomber Command Memorial and though that would be a good idea for a build......Just a bit smaller for us though.

So over to you. Once we have a nice selection to choose from I will set up a poll. so the quicker you are, the sooner you can find out what you need to buy! :smiling:

Ian M

Last edited by a moderator:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hey Ian, I still fancy doing a rocket for the themed build, and something alive for the group build. Think that was the way round I put them up.

Haven't done a rocket, think it was a Saturn V, since I was a kid and I got a "giant spider dio" kit waiting in the wings.

Also I like the dog fight suggestion, I've been looking for a Mig 15 in my LMS to go with the F-86 Saber I have in the stash, and I have an idea for the memorial thingy, so I hope it makes it to the cut.

Hope these are OK.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Hmmmm dogfight theme eh? I'm thinking a nocturnal dog fight would be really something different . I still would like to see a two wheeled theme of some sorts and scare up some scooter builds as well.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Scooter as in ..... ? Sorry my mind is blank clue please.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Scooter as in ..... ? Sorry my mind is blank clue please.Ian M
My bad ,slang for Motorcycle. Maybe a raced base theme with a particular track or venue?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ok heres a few for the pot, Group build -- "Civilian aircraft ", be it airliners ,light aircraft, racers etc but no military stuff. Themed build --"paint it black" , anything whatsoever as long as it was originally black ( ie. batmobile , f117 nighthawk, submarine ,Honda blackbird, darth vaders TIE fighter) or another one i like the sound of is Tony's (mossiepilot) "something alive" (but not just soldier figures) definitely out of the comfort zone for just about all of us! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
My bad ,slang for Motorcycle. Maybe a raced base theme with a particular track or venue?
Would that not come under the two wheeled theme.... lol

I thought I would check as I know there is an aircraft that is nicknamed a scooter just can't recall what it is.

Ian M

First Name
Drew
Group Build: US Naval Aircraft (any US Naval Aircraft)

Themed Build: Operation Iraqi Freedom (anything used in the second Iraq War 2003 - 2011)

Themed Build: Checkered Flag (any race vehicle)

I wasn't sure whether or not the OIF Themed Build would constitute a group build or not. I thought it might because it's specific to a military action but because it covers all types of build (armour, aircraft, etc) I thought it might not be.

Decided it would be safer to add as a themed build but you're the boss Ian, you can choose to make it a GB if it applies more to that.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice ones Drew. I think that the GB idea will be fine but needs to be pulled in a bit as the US navy have had a lot of aircraft over the years. How about and Honour build. Any aircraft from the USS Enterprise. No NOT that one, CVN65, the aircraft carrier that has just been decommissioned. From the first launch off the deck by Lt. Cmdr. Lee M. Ramsey in an E-2A in 1962 until the last bird flew off her deck.

Ian M

P

Polux

Themed Build: British SAS vehicles. (they have some...)

Themed Build: Group of security or mercenaries.

First Name
Drew
That sounds good Ian, put that one down in your list as a USS Enterprise Honour Build; US Naval Aircraft from the USS Enterprise (CVN-65) 1961 - 2012.

First Name
Chris
Ok thought I'd get in on the action as I'd quite like to be apart of one of these. (Preferably one that gives me plenty of time) Themed build: Amphibious assault. Wrecks i.e. planes or vehicles that have been destroyed/blown up etc.

Well that's my input.

Regards

Chris

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The box art is a great idea, I thought about it when I saw the photos, as well. I am glad that someone else suggested it Ian.

Chris, I'll add the Amphi assault to the list, but we had a "Crashed/trashed" build in March and its a bit soon to be running one again already.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

\ said:
Would that not come under the two wheeled theme.... lol I thought I would check as I know there is an aircraft that is nicknamed a scooter just can't recall what it is.

Ian M
That it would Ian ,sorry. And please forgive the delayed response,these Black widows are starting to get to me!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Last chance to get your ideas in.

Right chaps, before I go to war with the suggestions thus far, I thought I would give the stragglers a chance to post their ideas.

I will be making the dreaded vote thread either on or after the weekend.

The situation so far is:

Group Builds:

The Aircraft of CVN65 USS Enterprise.

Helicopters

bikes

Dog Fight

Civilian Aircraft

SPG's

Something alive

Night Fighters

SAS Vehicles.

Themed builds:

Reach for the Stars. Real space travel

Historical

From a Film

Operation Iraqi Freedom (2003 - 2011)

The Great patriotic War

Post Apocalyptic

Racers

Paint it Black.

Korean War.

Amphibious assault.

Box art build.

Could go either way;

Civil War

European land sea and air Civil transport

Small scale

A moment in History

My first ever….

Out of your comfort zone

Single scale OOB

natural elements

non-tracked armoured vehicles

Light army trucks.. Jeeps

This is the current list as I have interpreted it, So if you feel that some thing is on the wrong list, now would be a good time to sing up.

Ian M