canard CofG

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
how do you find the C of G on a canard plane i.e this one:
***You will need to make a small chuck glider with the same scaled down dimensions,too complicated to explain and quicker to get the dimension from a small scaled down slave model.The cente of gravity will be nowhere where you think it is anyway as a canard has a collective centre of pressure point.

Build up the flat profile glider,keep adding weight to the nose until you get a nice flat glide,tie some cotton onto a pin and keep placing it into the balsa fuselage until you see the exact spot,works every time.

Also remember that the front plane is the elevator so make sure you get the movements the right way round.

T

tigertc

What a wicked looking aircraft. I've never seen one of these before.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
***The Beech Starship was a bold attempt by Beech to do something a bit different,just recently the company has been buying back most of the remaining aircraft,these have been scrapped as the company no longer wants to have any spares support,back up or customer liability for the design,I think there was some talk of trying to get at least one into a museum.

I think it must have been a case of corner the market and get rid of them out of the way.

Canard designs hold some very unusual quirks,some undesireable.

What a wicked looking aircraft. I've never seen one of these before.

A

artic-corsair

beechcraft starship

It is a Beech Starship.
starship 1000 , i've just won it on e-bay , picking it up next week , test flying as a glider first then going to fit two 4 stroke motors ready to take to brean sands model week in sept, should pull a crowd ?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
You will need to fit an undercarriage Paul,dont even think of hand launching this beast,with those pusher props she will rip your hands,I dont know if she already has any undercarriage fitted ?.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Piaggio Avanti RP-180

Here is the other similar machine built by the Italian Piaggio concern,imagine doing a channel dash in one of these ? that is exactly what was offered to businessmen for £6,000 one way you could be across the channel within the hour-

Piaggio Avanti RP-180

10288eb20.jpg