Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That poor guy, he hasn't got a leg to stand on! :laughing:

OK are you a Dr or a butcher by trade ? LOL

You are really going to town on this chappie.

Ian M

N

noble

WATCH HE DOESN'T GET DONE FOR ARSON HIM BEING A BIG LEG LESS AN ALL. Ok i'll get my coat lol.

scott

M

m1ks

This is awesome, and very gruesome, I found myself cringeing looking at the mutilated head which in all fairness is a good reaction as it shows it's replicating the desired effect.

Great and interesting work on the base too.

J

John Huggins

Thought i'd put a bit off life in the drystone wall, hope to finish this Dio very soon got 4 days off just fin 12 hr night shift's so i'll crack on. Halfway througt building a 1/72 Sd.Kfz.251/2 Ausf.d with 28cm Rocket launchers on the sides. After working with 1/16 figures & going to 1/72 think i need a trip to specsavers.lol.

View attachment 26796View attachment 26797View attachment 26798View attachment 26799View attachment 26800View attachment 26800

John.

View attachment 32703

View attachment 32704

View attachment 32705

View attachment 32706

View attachment 32707

P1010933.jpg

P1010934.jpg

P1010935.jpg

P1010936.jpg

P1010939.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I've been watchin' this build and i love the lot, from the barbed wire to the base. It great to see the horror that is war, i'm trying to remember all the models i've build and i've only done one that is of bad times and even that didn't have blood in it. Keep up the great work John this is great, it's going to look awesome when it's done.

Have fun, John

J

John Huggins

Thanks John for the comments, it's good to see someone see's the Dio for what it is. I have spent many happy hours looking through the threads at all the other builds and i must say they are of unbelievable quality and there skills far exceed mine, but a find them all very (pritty) a bit clinical, granted there a a lot of distroyed tanks & buildings, but i find they dont reflect the true reality & horrer of war.

In saying this a mean no disrespect to the modelers on this site and im shore someone will point out a thread with some blood in it, (maybe an officer with a splinter screeming for a medic lol ) .

On reflecton i should have picked a smaller scale for my first attempt as i need to put in a lot of detale and i am finding it very hard to think of all the things i need to put in it and how the hell im going to do it, but i will plod on and see what comes out.

I have just finished the storeyboard that is to be posted with this Dio and i think it will work well and give an insite into the Dio ( i hope ).

Thanks again

John

N

noble

Hi John this is a top notch piece of work so far sir can't wait to see it finished.

scott

AFC

First Name
Andre
This is just great! following it very closely since the beginning...

J

John Huggins

Thanks AFC, should have it all finished by wednesday night just making him a gas mask thats fallen out of it's case.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I will be looking forward to Wednesday then!

Things are looking good and I am really going to enjoy seeing all the bits together.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Personal Diary of infantryman

Friedeich Schmidt

6th Army

Thursday November 19th 1942.

After a long day helping the 4th Panzer's to refuel and re-arm with 88mm shells and ammo, at around 21.15 hrs the unit settled down for the night, then at around 23:00 hrs me and Walther were awoken by the field commander, he informed us we would be going out on a recon mission at 06:30 hrs to see how far the Russians had advanced over night and there strength.

Walther Bieber had joined us just before the second battle of Kharkov in the Spring of 42, and we both came through it without a scratch, but now we were caught between the Volga and the Don river attempting to push into Stalingrad.

Friday November 20th 1942.

I woke up at 04:35 and gave Walther a shake, it had snowed over night and there was a light covering of fresh snow on the ground, we cleaned our weapons and repacked our ammo pouches, once done we set of to the command post for our orders, We were to make our way to the Volga river to see if the Russians were trying to flank us along the river, contact with Russian patrols was to be avoided at all costs, they would be trying to probe our lines to asses our strength, This would be walthers first recon mission and there would be only two of us, 06:30 hrs sharp we set of in the direction of our front lines and the Volga river, we were stopped at the front line and had to show our orders to the SS-Obersturmbannfuhrer, after a phone call we were allowed to continue on our way, the rest of the day went without a hitch, we saw tanks and columns of soldiers moving towards the volga and some heavy artillery setting up in a small village, all were marked on the map and notes made of numbers and direction of movement, by 15:45 we decided to head back to our own lines before it started to get dark, the boys in the front line tend to get trigger happy after dark.

All was going well till we bumped into a small russian patrol on there way back to there lines, we were all so surprised we just stood there looking at each other across the field for what seemed like minutes, but in reality was only seconds, one of the russians made the first move, he started screaming and charged at us with his PPS machine gun blazing away, this seemed to set the others off as they soon followed there leader, we had the advantage as we were behind a drystone wall and they were out in the open, we ducked down to avoid the hale of bullets, as the first one stopped to reload i shot up and fired a burst at him hitting him squire in the chest, he went down without a sound, walther seemed reluctant to stand up & shoot he just sat there hugging his weapon, all of a sudden he started screaming, he seemed to lose all sense off reason and jumped up and made a run for it, he made a b-line for a brake in the wall some 50 mtrs to our left he managed to dodge the hale of bullets, as the hale of bullets subsided a bit i made a dash for it in the same direction, walther vanished through the brake in the wall.

Just as i was about to climb through the crumbled down wall there was an explosion on the other side followed by a harrowing scream, straight away i new what had happened, i have heard the sound so many times before walther had stepped on a AP mine, as i went through the gape i saw walther on his back covered in blood i new it would take to long to get to him picking my way through the mine field and the Russians were getting closer spurred on by the sound of the explosion by the time i could get to him he would properly be dead anyway so i turn and head back to my own lines without looking back.

The rest of my journey went without incident, on returning to my own lines i made a full report of what happened then retired to my bunk for a much needed rest in an old barn, i look over to where walther should be knowing that in a matter of hours there would be another man in his place, i could not call walther a true friend you don't make good friends in war time there never around long enough for that, by the end of the day walthers name would be forgotten, just a number, a casualty of war all in the name of the Führer and the fatherland.

View attachment 27042

DISCLAMER

All persons and names, events in this story are fictional and from the imagination of the writer, the photo on the German Death card was taken from the TAMIYA world figure box series No 36304 and superimposed on the card.

The 6th Army & 4th Panzer's location and dates during the battle of stalingrad

are true facts to the best of my knowage.

J.Huggins.

Well that's it from me hope you like.

View attachment 32907

View attachment 32908

View attachment 32909

View attachment 32910

View attachment 32911

View attachment 32912

View attachment 32913

View attachment 32914

View attachment 32915

View attachment 32916

View attachment 32917

View attachment 32918

View attachment 32919

P1020001.jpg

P1020003.jpg

P1020006.jpg

P1020007.jpg

P1020008.jpg

P1020009.jpg

P1020012.jpg

P1020013.jpg

P1020015.jpg

P1020017.jpg

P1020018.jpg

P1020021.jpg

P1020025.jpg

Last edited:

AFC

First Name
Andre
Just amazing!!!! Congrats for this great piece of work. cheers.

N

noble

John mate i love it very well done like the diary entry, five stars.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is a great bit of work John.

Kind of feel sorry for the guy. The diary prolog is a nice touch.

Ian M