Chengdu J20 Black Eagle - Dragon Kits 1/144

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Heres my latest , the Dragon 1/144 kit of the Chengdu J20 'Black Eagle' . The kit represents the first flying prototype of this large stealthy fighter being developed by the chinese. There are now around six or seven completed development aircraft flying , the later ones being very slightly different to this one. The aircraft is expected to enter service in 2018. Its a very simple kit of only 25 parts but very nicely detailed , although there arent many (read ANY!) panel lines other than control surfaces , but given the stealthy nature of the airframe and the scale its perfectly acceptable. heres the pics , cheers tony

DSCN1511 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1500 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1501 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1502 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1503 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1504 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1505 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1506 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1507 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1508 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1509 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1510 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

DSCN1512 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superbly done... and such a tiny scale....... Very sinister and looks lot bigger than it is. I like it a lot.

First Name
Robert
Well this is looking nice ( It may be small but looks packed with detail and really well built and painted

Well done

Liking this a lot

Regards

Robert

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another tiny wee masterpiece Tony!

How do you store all these tiny kits Tony? I know they don't take up much room individually, but you must have quite a few by now .....

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks all for the positive comments , Dave -I'll have to get all the 1/144 together for a group photo ! cheers tony

C

Caledonia

Great work Tony, looks like a lot of Russian influence in the design. Looks like a stretched Sukhoi T-50 with Canards stuck on. Lovely paint job. Derek