Chieftain Mk5, Tamiya 1/35

M

mobear

your chief is absolutely fantastic colin,totally love this one

mobear

D

dubster72

I like it Colin, it's done very well although not easy to see with all that grass! The only slight point I'd make is about the mud, maybe a little too much on the upper surfaces, but that's only my personal take on it.

The searchlight is genius, it must look brilliant in a darkened room.

Well done! What's next? ;)

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

Thanks for the comments chaps.

Patrick, i tried to get the effect of mud being flicked up on the hull top and maybe settling after splashing through puddles or being rained on .... need to address that if it doesn't look right... if i do another mucky one :smiling3: :smiling3:

Also the searchlight ... can't take credit for that idea .... it was in Johns (Centurion3RTR) signature so i thought i'd do the de3cent thing.... and nick it :smiling3: :smiling3:

D

dubster72

I kinda thought that was your intent Colin, but for me, there'd be more mud on the sideskirts if that was the case.

Please don't think I'm knocking you, that's never the case! It's just what I thought when I saw it.

Anyway, I've got a completed one to post later so you can get your own back! ;)

And don't forget the Elefant build!

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

\ said:
Please don't think I'm knocking you, that's never the case! It's just what I thought when I saw it.
don't be silly Patrick, I appreciate any feedback and appreciate honest and straight forward criticism above anything else. without criticism there would be no reason to try and improve in future attempts :smiling3:

and no.... I've not forgot the elefant, might just get that next and start our "Patrick and Colin's elefant build" thread :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

pneupack

Excellent work mate love it and the light is a bright idea... : )

Robert

D

dubster72

\ said:
don't be silly Patrick, I appreciate any feedback and appreciate honest and straight forward criticism above anything else. without criticism there would be no reason to try and improve in future attempts :smiling3: and no.... I've not forgot the elefant, might just get that next and start our "Patrick and Colin's elefant build" thread :smiling3: :smiling3:
Good man! I often think there's a tendency to pass over ummm... shall we say 'flaws', for fear of hurting people's feelings. Personally I'm with you & would rather know where I've gone wrong, it's the only way to learn!

As for the Elefant, I've not got the kit yet, still have the Crash SIG to finish, a Panzer 2 ready for paint, but there's one on ebay that I'm after ;)

Cheers

Patrick

P

Polux

The Chieftain is a really nice tank, and your work is not unworthy it, just the contrary.

I like the camouflage with grass and the painting of the tank. Fantastic Job!

Cheers

Polux

T

treyzx10r

Colin thats a great looking bit of armor and the light is splendid! Nicely done Sir!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Crackin' build there Colin, wouldn't look out of place on Salisbury Plains. Infact i don't think you'll see it lol, love the IR light touch of class that is (wink).

Have fun, John