Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sword Jet Provost T5 1/72

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here's a rare opportunity to tell me what to build next. My Tomcat is almost wrapped up, the C-97 is parked and the Hawk is ready for priming so I am looking ahead at what to build next.

These three aircraft are at the top of my "I want to build pile" but I cant make up my mind. With a potential reconnaissance aircraft SIG in the mix for the 2016 calendar that I would like to join I have two kits that fit the bill (actually I have a lot but these are the two I really want to do) - namely the venerable Airfix Shackleton and her modern day successor the P-8 Poseidon from Hasegawa.

The third kit I'm eager to build is the Sword Jet Provost T5, the aircraft that thousands of fresh or spotty faced trainees learned their technical trades on at Halton or Cosford - me included and I have a photo to prove it.

I think I know what the answer will be but then I can blame it on someone else!

You choose...

View attachment 123291

View attachment 123302

View attachment 123303

I'm the handsome one on the left with an arrow in my back!

View attachment 123292

WP_20151024_12_29_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20151024_12_28_53_Pro.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave1973

I voted, Avro all the way.

Then I looked at the pic!

HOLY COW ITS TOM CRUISE!!!!!'

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I was stuck here. The JP or Shack. So, as Airfix are releasing a JP sometime in the future, lets have a look at the Sword offering. But then again, it would be nice to see the Shack built. Sod it, I'll have to buy my own.

L

Laurie

Shackleton Rick. A long life time. Did fantastic work.

Looks best of the lot. A lot more detail with those 4 prop. motors.

What a tail it has on it. What a snout and great cockpit. Some very nice hieroglyphics.

Look at the bits and pieces on it.

No contest I rest my case Rick.

Laurie

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Shackleton Rick. A long life time. Did fantastic work.
Looks best of the lot. A lot more detail with those 4 prop. motors.

What a tail it has on it. What a snout and great cockpit. Some very nice hieroglyphics.

Look at the bits and pieces on it.

No contest I rest my case Rick.

Laurie
Well all three have an appeal to me. The JP for reasons already explained and the Shackleton and Poseidon because of the MPA role they perform. The "Shack" was the forerunner of Nimrod and the P-8 is a possible candidate to replace the sorely missed Nimrods since 2010.

In fact, Shackleton in the AEW role had only just retired from RAF service a year or two before I joined but I have vivid memories of them flying around the Moray Firth when holidaying up there. I'm looking forward to seeing the AEW version from Airfix, there are hints to it on their website.

Thanks for voting.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
I was stuck here. The JP or Shack. So, as Airfix are releasing a JP sometime in the future, lets have a look at the Sword offering. But then again, it would be nice to see the Shack built. Sod it, I'll have to buy my own.
Maybe I could build both!

L

Laurie

Just realised there is a button to change your vote.

Need a button so that I can change other peoples votes. :eek:

Laurie

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Provost gets my vote as I'm intrigued by the sword kit and fancy one myself.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Oh, cool. I hope it's an earlier version from the usual Mk.5/T5A/Strikemaster hybrid kit.
Has to be the Jet Provost Rick, with the Shackleton on standby.
It will be a T3/3A Joe.

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/jet_provost/

Last edited by a moderator:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
With less than a week to go and interest dwindling the JP is in the lead so I took the liberty of indulging in a pair of resin seats for it. In the week that the government finally ordered P-8's from Boeing to end the UK's "capability holiday" in the MPA role maybe the Poseidon will get built next year if the Spy in the Sky SIG is popular, I might even finish it before the RAF takes delivery of the first aircraft! I can see the Shackleton getting pushed to later next year.

jet Provost T5 it seems?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Shackleton for me.

Of course if you really want to find out about Sword kits.....good luck!

Cheers

Steve

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Shackleton for me.
Of course if you really want to find out about Sword kits.....good luck!

Cheers

Steve
Why do you need luck Steve to find out about the sword kits?

All I need to do is politely ask Rick to give us some sprue shots of the provost and I'm sure he will oblige us ;) :smiling3: ;) ;)

And as it's clearly everyone's favourite at the moment I'm sure we will see it on the bench shortly .................. :P

First Name
Robert
I like the Shackleton idea as I have it on my wish list and also coming from its previous design the Lancaster/ Lancastrian etc it has to be the Shackleton.!!

My thoughts personally over the Nimrod withdrawal were premature and the new converted jet liner ?? But saying that wasn't the Nimrod an updated Dehavilland Comet?

Well I like the Shackleton and have never seen one in the flesh so to speak but it looks awesome, and deadly but with graceful lines ( my thoughts )

Regards

Robert