Choosing a Rack for Paint Bottles

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Looks good sir, but have you been collecting birds eggs in you spare time, second shelf from the bottom?Martin.
Birds eggs! They are beach pebbles. I wouldn't want to be the bird that laid the oddly shaped one second from the left!

View attachment 76410

Basket.jpg

M

MPal

Got some good ideas from this thread. Think I will have to make my own for Revell Aquacolour paints.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice one Andy, so nice and neat wont to clean my work table up plz, :confused:

yes you do get some good ideas indeed , have planes for go,s on the list off too do :rolleyes:

A

Andy Mac

\ said:
nice one Andy, so nice and neat wont to clean my work table up plz, :confused:
Hi Monica, I'd love to, but being a man means that my cleaning skills aren't actually very good, :sad: lol.

As Joe mentioned, everything looks neat and tidy, but that's because the rack is brand new, as are 90% of the rack's contents, I'm only now starting my first build after a 33 year break. ;)

S

Stevekir

Very professional, including the black paint. Putting my stuff on the rack has tidied up a lot.

A

Andy Mac

You're right Steve, when everything is back in it's home it all looks tidy, there's no guarantees of course just how long it'll stay like that for.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
it is nice Andy as you can see all what you need at a glance, instead off , picking up 10 bottles to find what your after,

and keeps your table clear off unnecessary mess, one thing i found is after using your paints over and over, the name

and code dose wear off so i put clear tape over the name off the paint so its always easy to see the name :rolleyes:

A

Andy Mac

Thanks Monica, you're right, it can be a bit of a nightmare trying to find the right paint when the jars are all disorganised, I just hope I can keep it all tidy and it doesn't get messed up after 5 mins, lol.

I like the tip of the clear tape over the label, I'm going to do that before they get unreadable. ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well i know this is an old one but finally got around to making up a couple off paint racks, found some

wood laying around in the shed, the other half would not ever cut the wood so got out the big scarily power saw, :confused: :oops:

and 3hrs later 2 racks which i think turned out not bad to say :rolleyes:

View attachment 78261

View attachment 78262

20140220_151715.jpg

20140220_151724.jpg

A

Andy Mac

Excellent Moni, well done. You'll be able to find your paint a lot easier now.

S

Stevekir

Very well made. They will solve the problem of not finding what you want. But you must have attacked the job with enthusiasm: the timings on your post showed you started at 1:33 am today and finished at 4:33!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Andy/Steve, thank you both, oh yes the more room i have without baskets ever were,and so much tidier

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
well i know this is an old one but finally got around to making up a couple off paint racks, found somewood laying around in the shed, the other half would not ever cut the wood so got out the big scarily power saw, :confused: :oops:

and 3hrs later 2 racks which i think turned out not bad to say :rolleyes:
Good on you for grabbing the power saw and getting these shelves built Monica. I can't even get my missus to operate the lawn mower. ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Joe thank you, well that another matter ,:mad: , he wont do that at all , whats the world coming too, lol,says its a womens job so on theses nights guess whos out with the dog :rolleyes: