Citadel Problem!

First Name
Gregg
I have never used Citadel paints before, however recently I noticed them in one of my local shops.

A couple of the metallics looked interesting so I bought them, here starts my dilemma.

On opening the cap (with great difficulty) they appear to be a paste, I tried stirring (vigorously) only to end up with a very lumpy, very dry paste.

Do these need thinning, and if so what with, or are they meant to be like this.

I tried using them for dry brushing but just ended up with a very grainy/lumpy finish that wouldn't adhere to the surface being painted!

Any help would be appreciated before I consign them to the bin!

Gregg

First Name
rob
ive had a few citadels like that. try putting a bit of paint into a pallete and adding a drop or two of windowlene. mixing in the pallette will help you disperse any lumps. your paint will be fine. Rob.

C

CDW

Mix it then mix it some more... When you've had enough, mix it again.

Top tip ... Mix with an old stiff bristled brush .. The bristles help separate the metallic ''flakes'' or ''dust'' within the paint.

What I would do then is halve the mixture into another tin/tub then add about 25% the amount of whatever thinners you chose to use .. I use plain water on acrylics with no issues.

First Name
Gregg
Thanks for the prompt replies guys, I will try your suggestions this weekend.

I'll let you know the results!

Regards

Gregg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yep, these paints tend to get what is called 'Clumping' try what Colin and Rob mention.

Si:smiling3: