Civilian Relics Found In Cyprus

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Yes please, I would love a Moggie Traveller and/or a Moggie Pick-Up, the Maroon Zephyr, Black Zodiac and maybe a couple of the American vehicles...Thank you so much for sharing these great memories Sir...

May I ask what you would call a "Puddle Jumper" please Ron, what I would call a "Puddle jumper" is a Landrover Lightweight, the ones that had the short front wings...
Andy, the original 'Puddle Jumper' was a Ford E93A, the forerunner of the Ford Anglia/Prefect 100E which led to the Anglia 105E which had the strange wrong way round rear window.

It was called Puddle Jumper because it had rock hard suspension which made the car bounce over the smallest of depressions...hence 'Puddle jumper'! I thought the black car, second set of pictures, row four was one, but I don't think so on second look. But it was very similar....It was 48yrs ago!!

As an add-on, the term jelly mould was an affectionate name we Moggy 1000 owners gave to our cars.....Imagine it without wheels and upside down....The shape was just like a jelly mould! I owned and drove each variant, including the pickup....Happy days!

I'll be over to see you very soon...I'll P.M. you just before I visit.

Take care,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi Ron,The car you mentioned was a Vauxhall but unsure what model.The E93A also known as the pop was the subject of my first Hotrod build in the 70's

View attachment 64338

Gregg
Quite right Gregg, a Vauxhall it is......This photo of your E93A brought back great memories for me. Mine had plywood floor sections which were rotten on the passengers side with holes in. Anyone who got up my nose was invited to sit in this seat - they thought it was great - until I 'accidently' drove over a deep puddle...."Oops, sorry!"

Thanks again for the pictures.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator: