Completed 1:16 Elit Infantryman

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This is what one would call a modified figure. Was there any thing that didn't go under the knife?

Nice work John. If I may be so bold, that Barbed wire is rather chunky compared to the figure.

Ian M

J

John Huggins

Thanks Ian M for your kind comment & yes the wire is a bit chunky, sorry about this i seem to have lost my sence of scale while building it.

Cant think of any thing i did not cut except his head lol.

I am thinking of doing a small dio using two 1:16 figures it's buzzing around in my head as i type, i will put it to paper befor i decide if i am going to build it.

thanks again.

John

A

AJay

Excellent work, John. I see you've added quite a few little details as well as re-modelling the figure itself. I also like the camo you've done.

5 *****

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nicely done sir.

Can't believe this was a stood figure before you "changed" it.

5 stars from me.

Tony.

J

John Huggins

Not a lot of intrest in this one then, mayby i'll do better next time.

Regards

John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
John, never, ever worry that your work is not appreciated. Just because there has been few posts on your build doesn't mean there has been little interest in it, and no need to think you "Need to do better." to get a response...

There are loads of people following builds on Scale Models that don't contribute to the threads, but just quietly learn from them...

Also, remember you posted these great pictures twice under a different heading.

Just for a bit of fun, I counted up our respective replies for our 1/16 soldiers.......We've had around the same.

Personally, I'm flattered when I get a few pages of comments, (Who wouldn't be?) but equally, I'm well chuffed when I get just a couple of posts.

As long as someone, somewhere gains a bit of knowledge from all the stuff we make on here, posts or not, then that's praise enough...

This is in no way a dig at you, just a quiet observation. So chin up, mate and don't worry!

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dubster72

I think this is great John, you're painting is excellent & the effort involved in cutting & re-positioning the figure I can only imagine at - I certainly wouldn't try it!

I don't know about the pose? Am I missing something coz I can't see what he's supposed to be doing other than maybe suffering from wind!

As to the post count, don't worry about it. I've had posts that no-one's responded to & many times I've seen late posts, done it myself on occasion!

It's an excellent bit of work & one that you should be rightly proud of.

Patrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wowa! No need to apologise John. Its a very good figure build. I doubt that there are to many of us that would even consider chopping up a figure as much as you have there.

I for one will be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the next two figures..... Probably something painful!

Ian M

J

John Huggins

\ said:
I think this is great John, you're painting is excellent & the effort involved in cutting & re-positioning the figure I can only imagine at - I certainly wouldn't try it!I don't know about the pose? Am I missing something coz I can't see what he's supposed to be doing other than maybe suffering from wind!

As to the post count, don't worry about it. I've had posts that no-one's responded to & many times I've seen late posts, done it myself on occasion!

It's an excellent bit of work & one that you should be rightly proud of.

Patrick
Thanks Patrick for ur kind comment.

As for the figure & his pose, someone has got through the wire but got cought on it & left a bit off his uniform behind, this is what he has in his hand and he is looking at the footprint in the sand to get the direction he went in hence the title (Tracking).

Now do u see why the pose ??

Regards

John

D

dubster72

Ah ha! Now that's clear! lol now I'm wondering why I didn't see it straight away!

C

CDW

Don't know why i missed this one John, I think the remodeling is brilliant ... although i must admit i thought for a split second "why the pose" then the penny dropped (showing picture of builds sometimes loses either the quality or the 3D prospective no matter how good a photographer takes the shot)

Adding to this from Ron ....

\ said:
John, never, ever worry that your work is not appreciated. Just because there has been few posts on your build doesn't mean there has been little interest in it, and no need to think you "Need to do better." to get a response...There are loads of people following builds on Scale Models that don't contribute to the threads, but just quietly learn from them...
.....I make stuff thats not in any way "top of the list" of interest, it's not the best work you'll ever see and when i have actually posted about it - there's very few posts compared to some military/aircraft threads (although the posts i have got have been encouraging and positive)the thing that got me was a few people actually PM'd me for info and advice rather than posted on the thread, strange but quite fullfilling for me regarding my meager skills compared to some on here.

Looking forward to seeing that duo of 1/16 figures when you get round to it matey :smiling3:

R

rogue-one

nice one john! yeah, some heavy re-modeling of this guy! great crafting. and well painted. the camo is perfect and the equipment is so good too! i love the extra touch you've added of the ciggy in his mouth.

P

Plastickitbasher

John

Stunning build, not much else I can say.

Regards

David